REGINA -- Two years ago, GM Brendan Taman went outside the box to find a new head coach for the Saskatchewan Roughriders. On Thursday, he rewarded Corey Chamblin with a contract extension through the 2017 season after leading the Riders to just the fourth Grey Cup title in franchise history. "I went with my heart and some people may viewed it outside the box but I knew we had the right guy," Taman told reporters at a news conference. "Corey brings is a lot of things to the table I was looking for when we were hiring a head coach for this organization. "Hes knowledgeable, hes very confident, he can deal with people which is very important as a head coach, hes got a very very good ability to put a very good coaching staff together. The last two years weve been able to do that and were going to have another one this year and I think thats a huge credit to Corey." Taman hired Chamblin, then Hamiltons defensive co-ordinator, following the 2012 season after Saskatchewan posted a league-worst 5-13 record. The Riders finished third in the West Division with an 8-10 record in Chamblins first season, losing 36-30 to Calgary in the conference semifinal. Last year, Saskatchewan won eight of its first nine games before suffering four straight losses. The Riders finished the regular season with an 11-7 record -- second only to Calgary (league-best 14-4 mark). After dispatching B.C. 29-25 in the West semifinal, the Riders upset Calgary 35-13 to advance to the Grey Cup game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Before a rabid Mosaic Stadium gathering of 44,710, the Riders capped their season by downing Hamilton 45-23 for their first CFL title ever on home soil. "It was great for Brendan to think outside the box," Chamblin said of Taman. "He talks about making that decision from the heart, well, I coach from the heart and I thought that was a good match for us." The countrys sports editors and broadcasters rewarded the Riders for their accomplishment by voting them The Canadian Press Team of the Year for 2013. And in February, Chamblin was also named the CFLs coach of the year. And now, Chamblin has a deal that gives him the long-term security often sought by a pro football head coach. But Chamblin isnt about to rest on his laurels. "Its not something for us to sit back and say, Yeah, hey, this is what weve done," he said. "I think the biggest thing it does is it gives us a chance to work together to continue something. "We dont want to be one and done. Theres a lot of things that I think we still have left on the table that we have not accomplished." Chamblin heads into his third season having amassed a 19-17 regular-season record. Hes also 3-1 in the playoffs, including the Grey Cup victory. But hell have a much different team to coach in 14. Running back Kory Sheets -- the Grey Cup MVP -- and veteran slotback Weston Dressler both signed NFL deals with Oakland and Kansas City, respectively. Among the other players no longer with the Riders are defensive tackle Keith Shologan (Ottawa, CFL expansion draft), defensive back Craig Butler (Hamilton, free agent), running back Jock Sanders (Calgary, free agent), receiver Kierrie Johnson (Ottawa, free agent), linebacker Abraham Kromah (Hamilton, free agent) and punter Ricky Schmitt (B.C., free agent). However, Taman said one of Chamblins biggest strengths is his ability to communicate with players. "One of the main things we wanted was to have a head coach who was able to walk into this lockerroom and get the message across to the players," he said. "Corey does a very good job of that, obviously. "Whether the message is good or bad or indifferent, he gets it across. He also brings a definite passion to win, hes driven to win on a daily basis. He wakes up every day with ideas and knowledge to try and improve this team." Cheap Braves Jerseys . The No. 5 Aztecs held Burton, the Mountain Wests leading scorer, to 11 points, 10 below his average, in beating the Wolf Pack 73-58 on Saturday night. Cito Gaston Jersey . TSN 1290s Jordan Cieciwa, Big Marv and Toby are here to give their predictions on who will leave with the belt and who will take some of the other key bouts on the card. Johny Hendricks vs. http://www.custombravesjersey.com/custom-b...large-607z.html .Y. -- Dallas Stars coach Lindy Ruff had an opportunity to experience an entire range of emotions in his first trip back to Buffalo to face his former team. Tucker Davidson Jersey . The ninth-seeded Safarova doused Swede Johanna Larsson 6-2, 6-3 on the green clay at Family Circle Tennis Center. The Czech player was a finalist here two years ago and captured back-to-back doubles titles in 2012 and last year. Grant Dayton Jersey .Y. - The New York Rangers have reached a one-year contract extension with goalie Cam Talbot, keeping Henrik Lundqvists backup away from unrestricted free agency.Whered they play? Omni Coliseum When they were active? 1972-80 Playoff appearances: 7 Stanley Cup Victories: 0 Teams overall record: 636 GP – 268 W- 260 L - 108 T (.506 winning percentage) Most goals: Eric Vail 174 Most assists: Tom Lysiak 276 Most points – Tom Lysiak 431 Notable players: Tom Lysiak (1973-1979), Eric Vail (1973-80), Guy Chouinard (1974-80), Pat Quinn (1972-77), Dan Bouchard (1972-80) Phil Myre (1972-78), Ken Houston (1975-80), Jean Pronovost (1978-80) and Randy Manery (1972-77) Best Jersey: The jerseys that the Flames wore from 1973-77 were pretty classic. (Image via NHL Uniforms) Worst Jersey: The Flames didnt really have many different designs, so I present you with this amazing picture of rapper and Atlanta enthusiast Lil Jon in a Flames jersey. (Image via The Breakaway) Best goalie masks: Dan Bouchard (Image via SI Kids) (Image via The Vintage Mask) Best flow: Rejean Lemelin is an absolute beauty. (Image via Slapshotnahl) Worst record: The Atlanta Flames were on the wrong end of the playoff record for the fastest three goals scored by one team in a playoff games. The Toronto Maple Leafs scored three goals in 23 seconds – which is absurd – as Darryl Sittler scored twice in 12 seconds and Ron Ellis scored 11 seconds later on April 12th, 1979. Obligatory Pat Quinn photo: The hockey legend played with the team from 1972-77 and looked great rocking the Flames logo. (Image via Amazon) Best brawl: The Flames and Philadelphia Flyers had some great brawls. (Image via Game Worn Auctions) Best quote: Former Flames goaltender Jim Craig was not happy with the fans in Atlanta, saying ";If I were a businessman Id grab this team and put them in a place thats gonna sell out and have a Stanley Cup within three years.dddddddddddd. Owner Tom Cousins has put us too much time and effort into this to not deserve a winner." The team was sold just two months later. The announcement of the teams impending move: While this video looks at the Flames cup run, there is a good bit on the Cousins saying why he moved the team (spoiler alert, it had to do with money). Last game: The Atlanta Flames were knocked out of the playoffs when the New York Rangers defeated them 5-2 on home ice on April 12th, 1980. Captain: Jean Pronovost (Image via Pinterest) Whyd the move? The team made the playoffs seven times in their nine-year history, so winning wasnt necessarily a problem. Owner Tom Cousins admitted even if they sold out every night they still wouldnt be profitable – the team averaged just over 10,000 fans. Cousins was losing money in his real estate empire and he decided to sell the team to Canadian Nelson Skalania for a cool $16 million dollars. (Image via Biz Journals) What happened to the franchise when they moved to Calgary? The team adopted a similar logo and while it wasnt three years after Jim Craigs prediction, the Flames won the Stanley Cup during 1988-89 season. (Image via SI Kids) Atlanta did get another team but we all know how that ended. So MORE LIL JON! YEAHHHHHH (Image via Freddyo) (Gif via Persephone Magazine) Previous #TBTs Atlanta Thrashers Hartford Whalers California Golden Seals Colorado Rockies Quebec Nordiques Minnesota North Stars (Stats and info via Hockeydb and Sports E-Cylcopedia) ' ' '