NEW YORK -- Derek Jeter received warm ovations from the 40,133 at Citi Field when he jogged onto the field during warmups, as a video tribute to him was shown on the scoreboard after the national anthem and before each of his four at-bats. There was little fanfare, though, when the Yankees captain was taken out of his final regular-season Subway Series game in the eighth inning. Jeter watched the last four outs from the bench, pulled off the field during a double switch Thursday night as the Yankees held off the Mets 1-0. "I just told him Im going to make a double-switch. Its where we are in the lineup; thats how you do it," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said of the conversation on the mound with two outs in the eighth. "He understands." Its not the first time Jeter had been removed in a double switch in his 133 games at a NL ballpark. He was taken out by Girardi in 2010 and he was lifted by Joe Torre in 2007, according to STATS. David Robertson didnt even know he was brought in to face David Wright in a double switch that lifted Jeter until he got Wright to ground out to Jeters replacement at shortstop, defensive whiz Brendan Ryan, with runners at the corners. Robertson pitched a perfect ninth for his seventh save. Six weeks shy of his 40th birthday, Jeter left after an 0-for-4 night that dropped his batting average to .254. Alfonso Sorianos RBI double in the seventh broke up a scoreless duel at Citi Field between starting pitchers making their major league debuts. Rookie reliever Dellin Betances struck out six straight hitters as the Yankees earned a split of this years series between crosstown rivals with their second straight shutout. "Its impressive," Wright said of Betances. "He had his way with us for sure." In a matchup of late-round picks in the 2010 draft, Yankees starter Chase Whitley (15th round) pitched two-hit ball for 4 2-3 innings, striking out four and walking two. Mets starter Jacob deGrom (ninth round) allowed one run and four hits in seven innings, striking out six and walking two. "It was unbelievable to watch that guy," Whitley said of deGrom. "He pitched a heck of a game." In addition to a commanding performance on the mound, the 25-year-old deGrom helped Mets pitchers end an unusual record for futility. He lined a single to centre field in the third inning to end the staffs 0-for-64 start to the season. The Mets had long passed a century-old record established by the St. Louis Browns. They went hitless in 45 at-bats in 1914, according to information provided by the Mets from the Elias Sports Bureau. Whitley also got a hit in his first at-bat -- even before he allowed a hit. "I was bragging about my hitting before the game," Whitley said, "but then I gave one right back to that guy." Young pitchers dominated the series in both games at spacious Citi Field after two slugfests in the Bronx. Masahiro Tanaka pitched his first major league shutout Wednesday, a 4-0 win for the Yankees. After Rafael Montero started his big league career with a fine six-inning performance against Tanaka, deGrom distinguished himself. "Its amazing. You cant say enough good things about those two guys," Wright said. Its been 12 years since a team had pitchers make their big league debuts in consecutive games. Milwaukee did it Sept. 2-3, 2002. Jeter was honoured by the Mets before the game. He received several subway-themed gifts, including a "Cake Boss" creation and a No. 2 mosaic made of subway tiles. The Mets Foundation gave Jeter a $22,222.22 donation to his Turn 2 Foundation. But he did little at the plate. He lined into a double play in the third with runners on first and second. Then with two on in the eighth, he hit a grounder to shortstop Ruben Tejada, who threw home for a tag play at the plate to keep the score 1-0. "Theres a time when the respect for the game takes over and you cant do what you once did," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "The game deserves all you can give it, and if its not there you got to step aside. Some guys have a tough time doing it but the really great ones dont." Soriano lined a double to left-centre and catcher Brian McCann scored from first, sliding home as Tejadas relay forced catcher Juan Centeno to leap for it. McCann reached when first baseman Lucas Duda failed to scoop Wrights relay on a potential double-play grounder. Up until then, the Yankees had little success against the shaggy-haired deGrom. The former college shortstop was initially called up to pitch out of the bullpen, but got the start in place of Dillon Gee, who pulled a lat muscle. The 24-year-old Whitley was not even on the Yankees 40-man roster this winter, but with starters CC Sabathia, Michael Pineda and Ivan Nova all injured, he got the call after just 13 Triple-A starts over three seasons. NOTES: Wright struck out three times. ... Jeter finished with a .364 career regular-season average against the Mets with 13 homers and 44 RBIs in 360 at-bats. ... The Yankees placed OF Carlos Beltran (bone spur) on the 15-day DL. He felt a sharp pain in his right elbow taking practice swings Monday ... Former Mets closer John Franco threw out the ceremonial first pitch. ... Mets C Travis DArnaud was placed on the 7-day concussion list. Scarpe Air Max 90 Uomo . The club was unable to retain hitting coach Kevin Seitzer, who is bound for Atlanta. Seitzer replaces Greg Walker, who was assisted by Scott Fletcher this season as the Braves finished 79-83. Air Max Plus Uomo . Mired in an offensive slump, Lowry - the NBAs leader in taking charges this season - did what he has learned to do best, standing his ground and drawing a crucial offensive foul on the Cavaliers all-star point guard. Fast forward 30 seconds to the Cavs next possession, with the home team still trailing by three, Spencer Hawes - one of the leagues best passing big men - threw an interception, intended for Tyler Zeller and picked off by DeMar DeRozan. http://www.airmax90scarpescontate.it/air-m...e-scontate.html . -- The Vancouver Whitecaps remained unbeaten with a scoreless draw at the New England Revolution on Saturday. Nike Air Max 90 Bianche Sconti . - The Denver Broncos kept rookie wide receiver Tavarres King from joining the Green Bay Packers by promoting him to their active roster Tuesday. Air Max 90 Italia . The move will give Hentgen the "time needed to support his family and his fathers current health issues," the Blue Jays said in a release. Hentgen spent 10 of his 14 big-league seasons with the Blue Jays, winning a Cy Young Award in 1996.SAO PAULO - This time, Nico Rosberg wasnt going to let victory slip away.A week after seeing Lewis Hamilton overtake him to win the United States Grand Prix, Rosberg fended off another strong challenge by his Mercedes teammate to secure the victory at the Brazilian GP and close in on his rival in the Formula One title race.It was a great weekend all in all, Rosberg said. Just didnt do a good enough job in the race in Austin, today I managed to do that. I learned from Austin and did better, so thats a big step in the right direction. One race too late, (but) theres still all to play for.The German cut his points-deficit to 17 but Hamilton will keep the upper hand going into the season-ending race in Abu Dhabi, where the Briton can clinch his second title with another second-place finish. If Rosberg misses out on a podium spot, Hamilton can finish eighth or better and still lift the trophy.Hamilton has 334 points to 317 for Rosberg. The championship could not be decided at Interlagos because the race in Abu Dhabi on Nov. 23 will be worth double points.Now Im just hoping for (Abu Dhabi) and need to try and keep this going now, he said.Hamilton also started behind Rosberg in Texas but outpaced him during the race. Rosberg said it took too long for him to find his rhythm at the Circuit of Americas. It wasnt going to happen again this time.I always needed to make sure that the gap was always such that there was no chance of him to go for the overtake, unlike Austin, and managed to do that, so that was good.It was Rosbergs fifth win of the season and his first since the German GP in July. Hamilton was trying to win his sixth race in a row.Felipe Massa of Williams finished third in front of his home crowd, ahead of Jenson Button of McLaren and Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull. Vettel, the winner last year in Brazil, was fifth, while Fernando Alonso of Ferrari finished sixth, ahead of teammate Kimi Raikkonen, the only front driver to use a two-stop strategy instead of a three-stop one.It was the 11th 1-2 finish for Mercedes, one more than the previous record set by McLaren in 1988. The teams 15th victory of the season also allowed it to matcch the record held by McLaren and Ferrari.ddddddddddddWe used to be always hunting and now were the hunted, and thats a big change, Rosberg said. Its great to see how the team has adapted and not slackened off, because that is always difficult, when you get to the front to then stay there. It seems that were really going strong and thats fantastic.Hamilton was quickly making up ground to Rosberg near the mid-point of the race but his chances of getting close enough to attempt a pass were hurt when he went off the track and nearly spun at the end of the back straight — a mistake that put him more than seven seconds behind Rosberg.I was much quicker at the point, Hamilton said. I locked the rears and it just spun me around. No ones fault but mine.Hamilton kept charging and got within a second in the final laps but was never able to make a move on Rosberg, who crossed the line 1.4 seconds in front.In the first stint I could see that I could control the gap and could just make sure that Lewis didnt come into the region where he could launch an attack, Rosberg said. Once I saw that, I was very confident that I could keep controlling the gap for the whole race.Massa, who started third and ran close to Mercedes all weekend, almost threw away his chance to finish on the podium at home after a five-second stop-and-go penalty for speeding on the pit lane during his first pit stop. He also lost some time by entering the wrong pit stall in his final stop.Im happy with the race, not happy with my mistakes, he said. I thought I could lose the podium.There were huge cheers from the crowd as Massa crossed the finish line in third place. The fans loudly chanted his name at the podium ceremony.Its really exciting to be here after everything that happened to me in this race, the Brazilian said. This crowd really deserved it. The whole energy that I had this weekend, its difficult to explain.There were only 18 cars on the grid for the second race in a row. Marussia was shut down on Friday, while Caterham has a crowdfunding project underway to try to return to the grid in Abu Dhabi.___Follow Tales Azzoni at http://twitter.com/tazzoni Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '