SAN FRANCISCO -- Tim Hudson hardly envisioned his career crossing the country once more to bring him back to the Bay Area. Hudson finalized a $23 million, two-year contract with the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday, returning the pitcher to his professional baseball roots. He began his big league career with Oakland. "Id like to start out by saying were really excited to come back to the bay. This is where I started my career," Hudson said. "Making a trip back across the country quite honestly isnt something I anticipated a couple years ago. When the Giants were interested in me, I quickly realized it was going to be a definite possibility." While Hudson had a hard time deciding to leave the Braves -- the team he grew up cheering -- he understood this would be a great opportunity with a franchise that won the World Series in 2010 and 12. His two daughters were born in the Bay Area. Hudson had a physical Monday, and the team announced the agreement Tuesday. "Once we got the physical squared away, there was no question he was going to become a Giant," said general manager Brian Sabean, who credited the pitcher for his swift decision. Hudson made his major league debut with the Athletics in 1999 and went 92-39 in six seasons with Oakland, where the right-hander teamed with Mark Mulder and Barry Zito to form a successful "Big Three." The 38-year-old went 8-7 with a 3.97 ERA in 21 starts this season for Atlanta. His season was cut short by a broken right ankle that required surgery. The Braves earlier this month declined to make a qualifying offer to Hudson, who won 49 games during the previous three seasons. Hudson was hurt July 24 in New York when the Mets Eric Young Jr. inadvertently stepped on the back of the pitchers lower right leg while Hudson covered first base. While he hasnt begun running on the ankle yet, he had a screw removed last week and expects to be full strength for spring training. "The ankles coming along just fine, not quite 100 per cent right now but its well on its way," he said. "I anticipate in the next month or so start throwing bullpens." San Francisco, which missed the playoffs this year, is seeking another starter to join Matt Cain, Madison Bumgarner and Tim Lincecum in a rotation losing Zito and probably also free-agent righty Ryan Vogelsong. Cain and Bumgarner are signed long term, while Lincecum received a $35 million, two-year deal last month. "They have a ton of talent here, I was excited to join this rotation," Hudson said. "Theyre really good. They probably dont need my help." Hudson was drafted by the As in the sixth round of the 1997 amateur draft out of Auburn. Oakland traded Hudson to the Braves in December 2004 and he pitched nine seasons in Atlanta. The three-time All-Star earned NL Comeback Player of the Year honours in 2010 after he returned from elbow ligament replacement surgery to go 17-9 with a 2.83 ERA. He had surgery for a herniated disk in November 2011. The Giants had been eager to find an experienced starter to fill in the rotation. Zito just finished a $126 million, seven-year contract and had his $18 million option declined. Vogelsongs $6.5 million option also was turned down by the club. "Great news with the need that we have for pitching here and to get Tim, who was one of the highly sought pitchers out there. I couldnt be more thrilled," manager Bruce Bochy said. "It certainly helps fill a very important need for us as we try to get back on track here. ... For him to choose us, were honoured and I look very forward to working with him." Hudson traded text messages with good friend Zito on Monday -- and now is filling a rotation spot vacated by Zitos departure. "Its a bit odd," Hudson said. "We go back a long way. We were texting a little bit yesterday. Hes happy for me and my family but its a little bittersweet. I texted him I wish hed been here with me. The game is what it is. Chapters open and close. I wish him the best." Hudson is 205-111 in a 15-year career and was coming off a $36 million, four-year contract. After snapping a career-worst 10-game winless streak with a 13-4 victory July 6 at Philadelphia, Hudson went 4-0 with a 3.10 ERA in his last four starts. Hudson will pitch to 2012 NL MVP and batting champion Buster Posey, who is signed through 2021. Right fielder Hunter Pence was given a $90 million, five-year contract before the season ended. "I cant wait to get out here and help us win every fifth day. ... I feel I can pitch toward the top of any rotation," Hudson said. "This is going to be a new chapter for me and my family." Erik McCoy Jersey . Marc-Andre Fleury made 27 saves to backstop the Penguins to a 2-1 victory over the Flames, handing Calgary its team record sixth consecutive home regulation loss. Wholesale Saints Jerseys .DeMarco Murray got his 20th carry late in the fourth quarter with a 10-point lead, not long after Dez Bryant made his final catch of the day.Sure enough, a 44-17 win over Washington didnt change Dallas post-season position. http://www.cheapsaintsjerseyselite.com/?ta...-johnson-jersey . The Oilers jumped into the free agent market early by signing defencemen Keith Aulie (six-foot-six, 228 pounds) and Mark Fayne (6-3, 210 pounds) and left-winger Benoit Pouliot (6-3, 197-pounds). Two days earlier MacTavish traded lightweight forward Sam Gagner to Tampa Bay for 6-3, 203-pound right winger Ted Purcell. Cheap Saints Jerseys . Espanyol midfielder Sanchez intercepted Bilbao goalkeeper Gorka Iraizozs clearance and, having spotted a gap, risked using his less-favoured left foot to fire a beautifully precise long-range shot that bounced in from high up the near post in the 24th minute. Cheap Saints Jerseys China .com) - The Vancouver Canucks hope an upcoming stretch of home games will be enough to get the club into the postseason.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Detroit Red Wings begin the western portion of their six-game road trip on Saturday night as they visit the Vancouver Canucks and Rogers Arena. The Red Wings will spend the next week in Western Canada as they visit Edmonton on Tuesday and Calgary the following night. They then return east for games against Washington, Buffalo and St. Louis. Detroit hits the road having won three of four, including a 3-1 triumph over the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday. Darren Helm scored twice and Henrik Zetterberg netted the game-winning goal late in regulation. Johan Franzen and Gustav Nyquist had a pair of assists each, while Jimmy Howard needed to stop only 12 shots to secure the win. We stuck with it for the full 60 (minutes) and were able to pull it off, said Helm. The Canucks aim to rebound tonight after having a four-game point streak (3-0-1) halted with a 3-2 setback to the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday. Vancouver was heavily outshot in the opener of a five-game homestand, though the Kings didnt score until late in the second period before lighting the lamp twice in the final 2:07 of thee third frame.dddddddddddd Ryan Miller made 37 saves as the Canucks had just 16 shots to the Kings 40. Only 10 of those shots came in the first 40 minutes for Vancouver, though it still led 2-0 on goals by Alexandre Burrows and Radim Vrbata until Los Angeles finally beat Miller with 5:21 left in the middle frame. Losing is disappointing but we didnt play the way we needed to, said Canucks coach Willie Desjardins. For whatever reason we just didnt have our jump. The Canucks look to defeat the Red Wings for the first time in the past four meetings, with Detroit going 6-0-2 over the previous eight encounters. That includes a 5-3 victory at home on Nov. 30. Pavel Datsyuk scored twice for the Red Wings and Nyquist added a goal. Howard made 30 saves. Linden Vey had two goals for the Canucks and Miller yielded four goals on 29 shots. Miller fell to just 2-10-2 in his career versus the Red Wings with a 3.43 goals against average and .895 save percentage in 14 games. Howard is 12-5-2 with a 2.55 GAA and .913 save percentage in 19 career meetings with the Canucks, all but two of those starts. Stitched College Jerseys Cheap UCLA Jerseys NCAA Louisville Cardinals Jerseys North Carolina Jerseys Stitched Kentucky Wildcats Jerseys Stitched Alabama Crimson Tide Jerseys Cheap Basketball Wisconsin Badgers Jerseys Authentic NCAA Jerseys Store Wholesale Basketball NCAA Jerseys Cheap Duke Gear Stitched Alabama Jerseys Stitched Georgia Jerseys Cheap Clemson Jerseys Authentic Authentic Texas Jerseys Wholesale USC Jerseys Stitched Oklahoma Jerseys Stitched Ohio State Jerseys Cheap Notre Dame Gear UCLA Jerseys From China Cheap Louisville Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap North Carolina Jerseys Authentic Cheap Kentucky Jerseys Authentic Wisconsin Jerseys From China Cheap Michigan Gear Cheap Florida Gear Wholesale Arizona State Jerseys Cheap LSU Gear Cheap Auburn Gear Cheap California Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Miami Jerseys Authentic Cheap Michigan State Gear Cheap Tennessee Jerseys Authentic Texas A&M Jerseys From China Authentic Wake Forest Jerseys West Virginia Jerseys From China ' ' '