OKLAHOMA CITY -- Kevin Durant often says hell do whatever his team needs. In the second half against Memphis, his mission was simply to score as often as possible. He had 30 of his 37 points after halftime to help the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Grizzlies 113-107 on Friday night. Durant made 10 of 15 shots and all eight of his free throws after halftime to help the Thunder hold off a furious rally. "I just told myself to be aggressive, to score," said Durant, the NBAs scoring leader. "Thats all I said to myself at half. I was frustrated with the shots I was taking. I felt that I wasnt disciplined. I worked my fundamentals. I just wanted to be aggressive to score. I think thats what my team needed." Russell Westbrook had 21 points and six assists in 28 minutes, Serge Ibaka had 16 points and nine rebounds and Reggie Jackson added 14 points for the Thunder, who snapped a three-game losing streak. Oklahoma City had dropped every game since Westbrook returned from his latest knee surgery -- and nearly lost again because Mike Miller scored all 19 of his points in the fourth quarter to rally Memphis. Westbrook wasnt worried about the fact that the Thunder almost squandered the 16-point lead they had heading into the fourth. "We won, thats what Im going to take from it," Westbrook said. "We lost three in a row. We just won." Marc Gasol had 17 points and Zach Randolph added 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Grizzlies, who had won five of six. Memphis ran into a team that was tired of losing. "Theyre extremely talented, but they were very focused, locked in," Memphis coach Dave Joerger said. "They played at a very, very high level, I thought tonight, as well as Ive seen them play against us in a long, long time." Thunder guard Thabo Sefolosha left in the first half with a left calf strain and did not return. The Grizzlies made 26 of 40 shots in the second half, but couldnt stop Oklahoma City in the final minutes when the game got close. The Thunder offence broke out of a lull in the second quarter when Westbrook returned from a rest. He scored 10 points in the final 5:36 to help Oklahoma City take a 57-42 lead at the break despite getting just seven points from Durant on 2-for-9 shooting. Randolph was held to 2-for-10 shooting in the first half, and the Grizzlies shot just 38 per cent. Durant got it going in the opening minutes of the third quarter with a 3-pointer and a dunk to help Oklahoma City take a 65-47 lead. Westbrook showed some of his old form when he froze Tayshaun Prince with a crossover dribble, then drained a mid-range jumper to give the Thunder a 70-55 edge. Durant scored 17 points on 6-for-10 shooting in the third quarter to help the Thunder take an 87-71 lead at the end of the period. Miller came off the bench and made three 3-pointers in the fourth to help the Grizzlies trim the deficit to 103-97 with 4:22 remaining. "In the fourth quarter, our bench was unbelievable," Prince said. "We (the starters) put them in a bad situation and they almost got us out of it." Memphis cut the margin to three before Durant made a baseline jumper on an assist from Westbrook with 1:24 to play, then a floater with 33 seconds remaining to seize control for good. "We cant afford to dig ourselves a hole like we did," Grizzlies guard Mike Conley said. "Theyre too good of a team, especially at home. They came out and they wanted to win this game from the very beginning." The Thunder finally resembled the team that has earned the top record in the Western Conference. They won for the first time since Feb. 13 and for the first time at home since Feb. 9 "It feels great," Durant said. "You never take it for granted. We learned a lesson after losing three in a row. Its tough to swallow, so its good to get a W." NOTES: Thunder centre Steven Adams played through flu-like symptoms. The 7-foot rookie from New Zealand started in place of Kendrick Perkins, who will miss about six weeks with a left groin strain. Thunder coach Scott Brooks said before the game that Adams might not play. ... Oklahoma City shot 50 per cent in the first quarter to lead 29-22 at the end of the period. ... Memphis Kosta Koufos committed four fouls in his first 5 minutes of play in the first half. Jon Bostic Jersey . Ben Street scored twice for the Heat (17-5-1), who won their fourth game in a row and 13th in their last 14 outings. Brett Bulmer scored the lone goal for the Wild (6-11-0), who dropped their sixth straight contest. Alejandro Villanueva Jersey . -- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft wanted to keep Logan Mankins with the team for a long time. http://www.officialpittsburghsteelersfootb...t-jersey-womens . Yahoo! Sports columnist Marc Spears says that the Boogie Smooth album may have been an elaborate April Fools prank. Mel Blount Jersey . On Wednesday night, they showed that stellar defence and a little small ball can get the job done too. With pinch-runner Kevin Pillar aboard after Dioner Navarro opened the bottom of the ninth with a single, Anthony Gose dropped down an excellent bunt along the first-base line. Joe Haden Jersey .com) - Australian Open champion Li Na, former Wimbledon winner Petra Kvitova and former world No.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca! Hi Kerry! I enjoy your responses to the questions/comments put before you. I have an interference question. I am very often puzzled as to why forcing someone offside at the attacking blueline is not considered interference, resulting in a minor penalty. It disrupts play every bit as much as an icing. Like firing the puck over the glass, it may or may not be intentional, but the result is the same - stopping play. Could situations like these become a discretionary decision by a linesman where an advantage is given and no offside is called? Thanks Kerry,Tony McKeon, Leaf fan in Kelowna Tony: The truth of the matter is forcing a player offside at the blue line is an interference violation found in rule 56.2: "A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player who shall cause an opponent who is not in possession of the puck to be forced off-side, causing a stoppage of play. If this action causes a delayed off-side (and not necessarily a stoppage in play), then the application of a penalty for interference is subject to the judgment of the Referee." The first line of the rule is very definitive stating a minor penalty shall be assessed (not might or maybe). These strong words however have little bite when it comes to the application and standard of enforcement of this rule. There is often reluctance on the part of the Refs to apply this penalty unless the interference is extreme and obvious in nature. Incidental contact along the blue line should never be called but a deliberate bump or push to place an attacker in an offside position that causes a stoppage of play should (shall) always be called. An expectation placed on the Officials by the majority of the hockey world is for them to identify and call "good penalties" by utilizing "sound judgment". The unspoken word that the official is left with is to determine what a "good" penalty is? On a scale of one to ten, pushing a player offside might not come close to the value of a trip, high-stick or obvious major infraction. Thoughts like this can play with the Officials head and affect his judgment. Ask yourself if this is a "penalty" that would want called late in a game or overtime? Some might say, "A penalty is a penalty" while others espouse, "Let them play and dont call the ticky-tacky stuff!" Whatever position you choose to take I can tell you that the players will break any and every rule that they are allowed to get away with. The best deterrent for players to adhere to the rules is the fear that the Referee will call a penalty when they cross the line.dddddddddddd When the Refs demonstrate sound judgment and enforce the rules (no matter the score or time in the game) we need to support them; even if its calling an interference penalty for pushing a player off-side and causing a stoppage in play! I also received a question this morning from a friend of mine down here in Philadelphia Flyer country. I wish to include my answer here for those that might have been watching the Flyers-Panthers game last night. Kerry; I hope all is well with you. I have a question for you about something that happened last night in the Flyers-Panthers game, officiated by Kelly Sutherland (one of the best in the business today, in my opinion) and Darcy Burchell. In case you didnt see the game, heres a brief synopsis. Philadelphias Jay Rosehill was called for a delayed-penalty roughing minor behind the play. The Flyers touched up for the stoppage and Rosehill started to skate toward the penalty box. As he did, a fracas ensued at centre ice. Rosehill saw it, left the box and jumped into the scrum. After Sutherland and Burchell conferred with each other, they skated over to Flyers head coach Craig Berube. According to Berube, he was given a choice between a four-minute 5-on-4 or a two-minute 5-on-3. (Rosehill also got a 10-minute misconduct in addition to a pair of separate roughing minors and there were offsetting minors to Phillys Zac Rinaldo and Floridas Tomas Kopecky). My question to you: Was this handled correctly by Sutherland and Burchell? Was there ever a circumstance where you gave a coach a choice between penalties? Berube said after the game that he does not recall that happening before in his career. Thanks!Bill Meltzer Hi Bill: I have had the same situation more than once during my career. When multiple minor penalties are assessed at the same stoppage of play to players of both teams the option presented to the coach is which minor penalty he would want to be eliminated (sawed off) for purpose of the coincidental minor penalty rule. If Berube preferred to play 5-on-3 for two minutes versus a man down for four minutes, Referee Kelly Sutherland would have treated one of Jay Rosehills minor penalties as coincidental with Tomas Kopekys minor penalty. That would have left Zac Rinaldo and Rosehill serving one minor each for the Flyers on the clock. By choosing the more obvious option (Zac Rinaldos minor penalty was treated as coincidental with Tomas Kopeckys minor) the Flyers were left to play one man short for four minutes as a result of Jay Rosehills double minor penalty. Rosehills double minor would then be placed on the game time clock. I have never seen a coach prefer the 5-on-3 but the choice is theirs to make. Cheap Celtics Jerseys Wholesale Nets Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Stitched 76ers Jerseys Raptors Jerseys China Cheap Bulls Jerseys Wholesale Cavaliers Jerseys Pistons Jerseys China Pacers Jerseys China Cheap Bucks Jerseys Online Wholesale Hawks Jerseys Cheap Hornets Jerseys Wholesale Heat Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Wizards Jerseys Nuggets Jerseys China Timberwolves Jerseys China Cheap Thunder Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Blazers Jerseys Wholesale Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys For Sale Cheap Clippers Jerseys Lakers Jerseys China Wholesale Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Rockets Jerseys China Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Wholesale Pelicans Jerseys Spurs Jerseys China ' ' '