COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M offensive tackle Jake Matthews will be the seventh member of his family to play in the NFL if he is drafted as expected in May. He knows his football lineage doesnt hurt him, but hopes that his work as a four-year starter for the Aggies is what really wows the scouts. "Its always been a little something to think about," Matthews said of his famous last name. "Its a special situation. Now that I finally have my shot Im just looking forward to going out and proving it doesnt matter what my name is, what matters is that I can play and Im capable. And I hope teams get that from me and not just going off my name." Matthews, the son of Hall of Fame offensive lineman Bruce Matthews, did position drills at A&Ms pro day on Wednesday. Afterward, he met with officials from the St. Louis Rams, who have the second overall pick in the draft. Matthews and Auburns Greg Robinson are considered to be the best offensive tackles available in the draft and most believe the Rams will choose one of them. Other members of the Matthews family who have played or are currently playing in the NFL are his grandfather Clay Matthews (offensive tackle, San Francisco), uncle Clay Matthews, Jr. (linebacker, Browns, Falcons), cousin Clay Matthews III (linebacker, Green Bay), brother Kevin Matthews (centre, Tennessee) and cousin Casey Matthews (linebacker, Philadelphia). He said growing up in that environment was invaluable to his development as a player. "It helps a lot," he said. "Its kind of like Ive been training for this whole process my whole life. Its really humbling, especially being a part of this family with the tradition of football we have." Quarterback Johnny Manziel attended the event, but did not work out. The 2012 Heisman Trophy winner is scheduled to throw for scouts on March 27. Manziel did not speak to reporters on Wednesday, but Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin answered questions about his departing star. "Obviously Ive got a different perspective than a lot of different folks from a human standpoint," Sumlin said when asked if theres anything people overlook about Manziel. "That will always be something special." Also in attendance was receiver Mike Evans, who also only watched the event after working out at the NFL combine last month. Representatives for all 32 NFL teams were at the event as nine other Aggies went through drills. Matthews played right tackle for his first three years at Texas A&M before switching to left tackle for his senior year. Sumlin said his versatility is one of his great qualities. "Hes such a team guy," Sumlin said. "So mature, patient. Hes strong. Hes athletic and has been a real leader in this program since the time we arrived. In my opinion, hes not just a tackle hes one of the few guys in the country that can play all five." Matthews hopes that returning for his senior season and playing another position will help his draft stock. "Teams can only take seven linemen in the NFL to games so youve got to have guys that can swing around and play different positions," he said. "So knowing that I can play either tackle, I think thats something that really helps me out a lot." Nike Flex Cheap Wholesale .Impact president Joey Saputo confirmed Thursday that he is part of a group of investors whose offer to buy the 105-year-old Italian club was accepted by the teams board of directors. Nike Flex Cheapest Price . - Ryan Spooner scored twice to lead the Boston Bruins to a 6-1 victory over the New York Islanders in a preseason game Friday night. http://www.nikeflexcheap.com/. His right arm rested in a sling and was encased in a cast from above the elbow to his hand. "Im excited," Fernandez said with a grin. Nike Flex Clearance . The Raptors have been outscored 88-66 in the opening quarter over a three-game span to begin the month of February. Their most recent loss, 109-101 in Sacramento on Wednesday, was eerily similar to Saturdays defeat at the hands of the Trail Blazers. Nike Flex Shoes Sale . -- The Val-dOr Foreurs made it to the Memorial Cup semifinal thanks to their workhorse goaltender and their ability to hang around like a bad cold.VANCOUVER -- The Vancouver Canucks got into the spirit of the Heritage Classic on Saturday. The Canucks donned vintage maroon, red and beige uniforms as they practised on a makeshift rink at B.C. Place Stadium in preparation for Sundays outdoor game against the Ottawa Senators. The Senators were scheduled to skate later Saturday. First, the Canucks wore the replica Vancouver Millionaires jerseys and posed for a team picture. Then they switched into practice uniforms with goalies and forwards in maroon red and defencemen in grey. Coach John Tortorella and his staff wore maroon sweatsuits. But goalies Roberto Luongo and Eddie Lack had the best-looking stuff. Luongo wore a maroon mask adorned with a beige "V" and the word Vancouver on it. He also sported faux-leather brown pads and gloves. Lack wore a similar mask wiith maroon and beige pads and gloves, he will draw the start for the Canucks on Sunday.dddddddddddd Lack will be making his third consecutive start for the Canucks since the Olympic break on Sunday. He posted a 20 save shutout against the St. Louis Blues on Wednesday before falling to the Minnesota Wild in a shootout on Friday. Luongo has not played since returning from backing up Carey Price for Team Canada at Sochi 2014. Players are hoping the stadium roof will be open Sunday as it was on a partly cloudy Saturday. Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for coastal B.C. on Sunday with five to 10 centimetres expected inland and at higher elevations in Metro Vancouver. But in case the weather forecast is wrong, the field has already been covered with artificial snow. ' ' '