Bine ati venit Vizitator ( Logare | Inregistrare )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reed For A Sky Sports Living For Sport School Visit At S
Dogcat250
postare Aug 30 2019, 05:40 AM
Postare #1

Silver Member

Grup: Silver Members
Postari: 1,417
Inscris la: 12-January 19
Membru nr.: 239,422

Last week, Sky Academy Sports Scholar Siobhan-Marie OConnor teamed up with Athlete Mentor Tom Reed for a Sky Sports Living for Sport School visit at Siobhans old secondary school, Ralph Allen College in Bath. With the swimming qualifiers for the 2016 Rio Olympics fast approaching we caught up with Sports Scholar Siobhan and heres what she had to say…What has it been like coming back to your old school and seeing some of your old teachers? OConnor was joined on her visit by Sky Sports athlete mentor Tom Reed Its been really nice to come back to my old school and walk the corridors that are so familiar. I have really happy memories of my time here, I loved being able to see my friends every day. My teachers were so great with helping me balance school work with training, so its really nice to come back today with Sky Academy.And how was meeting Tom Reed and being involved in the Sky Sports Living for Sport session? Ive actually seen Tom around the Bath University campus so it was a bit weird seeing him at my old school. The session was great too, the kids looked like they were really enjoying themselves. I would have loved to be part of something like this when I was at school. How did you get into swimming?I started swimming when I was seven years old. My Dad is really into his sports so its safe to say I tried a lot of sports before I tried swimming. Who was your childhood hero? Why?Rebecca Adlington for sure. I remember watching her double gold at the 2008 Beijing Olympics on TV. Shes such an inspiration and it was so amazing being on the same team with her at London 2012. She is such a lovely lady and has always been so kind and supportive.How many hours do you spend training a week?A lot! We have 10 swimming sessions a week - two every day apart from Wednesdays and Saturdays where we only have one. On average Ill cover 6km a session. On top of that we also have five land sessions, which can be anything from gym sessions to strength and conditioning. Whats the worst thing about swimming?I love swimming which is why I do it but the sacrifices to be the best swimmer I can, can be hard. I cant just drop everything and go out and see my friends. I also have to be careful with what I eat although I do love a box of Bens cookies! You have to treat yourself every now and then!What was it like competing at the London 2012 Olympics? OConnor is setting her sights on a successful Olympics this summer in Rio London was an unforgettable experience, definitely a career highlight for me. I was only 16 when selected and I was the youngest Team GB swimmer. What does Rio mean to you?The Olympic Games is a huge opportunity to compete at the highest level and an incredible, life-changing experience for any athlete. Im four years older, and like to think four years wiser than my first Olympics, so Im going into the next couple of weeks and months prepared and will be the very best I can be. Whats it like being a Sky Academy Sports Scholar?Its so great, Im one of 11 scholars in a variety of different sports. The best thing about it is that were all on the same journey, with the same end goal, so we have a lot in common. How has Sky Academy helped you in your swimming career to date?The support we get is unbelievable. The scholarship has helped me leave no stone unturned. Ive been able to go to altitude camps, and Ive just come back from a training camp in Australia, which was so beneficial. Were you into sports at school?I was yes, I did PE as an A-level at Ralph Allen. As a child I was into most sports, in fact there probably wasnt a sport I didnt try! However, as I got a little older, swimming became the focus and other sports took a back seat. I still follow most sports as a spectator and support Bath rugby and Arsenal!What was your favourite subject?I really loved PE and I think it has really helped me with my swimming. With swimming being a power to weight sport its so important being able to understand how the body works. Did you struggle with swimming and school? OConnor took part in a sports session during her visit I really did, and I ended up dropping A-levels as I couldnt manage the work load. I was missing lessons because of training or competitions. I even remember falling asleep a lot in lessons! Quick Fire Questions:What is your favourite Instagram filter?PerpetuaWhats your favourite cheat meal?A box of Bens cookiesWhat is your favourite TV box set to watch?FriendsWhat is your favourite takeaway?Fish and Chips Air Force 1 Low Shoes For Sale . Luke Wileman and I stood in the corridor outside of the Vancouver Whitecaps dressing room at BC Place in Vancouver. Air Force 1 Low Near Me . "After consultation with the Team USA medical staff and officials, it was determined that he should return to Winnipeg as a precaution due to his previous injury history," Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff said Wednesday in a statement. http://www.airforce1nearme.com/ .Voegele will next play Anna Schmiedlova of Slovakia, who saved 10 of 16 break points to defeat Annika Beck of Germany 7-6 (6), 6-4.Also, Marina Erakovic of New Zealand defeated eighth-seeded Caroline Garcia of France 6-2, 4-6, 6-4. Cheap Air Force 1 China . -- The Sacramento Kings have claimed forward Travis Outlaw off waivers under the NBAs new amnesty provision, filling out the frontcourt with another veteran. Cheap Air Force Ones Online . Cincinnati has lost back-to-back games in overtime, wasting a chance to take a commanding lead in their division.KENT, Wash. -- Madison Bowey scored once and set up Justin Kirklands winner at 6:07 of the third period as the Kelowna Rockets edged the host Seattle Thunderbirds 5-4 on Tuesday in Western Hockey League playoff action. Tyrell Goulbourne, Tyson Baillie and Ryan Olsen also scored for the Rockets, who lead the second-round matchup 3-0. Kelownas Jordon Cooke made 28 saves for the victory. Adam Henry, Justin Hickman, Alexander Delnov and Ethan Bear supplied the scoring for the Thunderbirds while Taran Kozun kicked out 27-of-32 shots in defeat. --- OIL KINGS 5 WHEAT KINGS 2 BRANDON -- Tristan Jarry made 32 saves and five different players scored for Edmonton as the Oil Kings took Game 3 against the Wheat Kings in their Round 2 matchup. Ashton Sautner, Luke Bertoluccci, Riley Kieser, Curtis Lazar and Mitchell Moroz scored for Edmonton while Moroz tacked on two assists for a three-point outing.dddddddddddd John Quenneville and Richard Nejezchleb scored for Brandon. Jordan Papirny turned away 38-of-42 shots for the Wheat Kings. --- WINTERHAWKS 4 ROYALS 3 VICTORIA -- Brendan Leispic scored twice as Portland came from behind to defeat the Royals in Game 4 of its second-round clash. Chase De Leo scored the eventual winner for the Winterhawks, who lead the series 3-1, and Adam Rossignol had the other. Steven Hodges, Tyler Soy and Taylor Crunk scored for Victoria, which led 3-2 early in the third period. Portlands Brendan Burke made 25 saves for the win as Patrik Polivka stopped 34-of-38 shots for the Royals. ' ' '
  Daca iti place acest topic recomanda pe facebook :
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
geebranz
postare Mar 18 2021, 06:11 AM
Postare #2

Grup: Members Plus
Postari: 230
Inscris la: 6-March 21
Membru nr.: 241,100

Sports is good for us

small business loans augusta ga