Bine ati venit Vizitator ( Logare | Inregistrare )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New York Mets Thought They Had Tied The Game On A
Dogcat250
postare Sep 7 2019, 04:43 AM
Postare #1

Silver Member

Grup: Silver Members
Postari: 1,417
Inscris la: 12-January 19
Membru nr.: 239,422

MIAMI -- As soon as Chris Young connected on a deep fly ball to left field in the ninth inning, the New York Mets thought they had tied the game on a sacrifice fly. But they misjudged the strength of Marcell Ozunas arm. Ozuna threw out Kirk Nieuwenhuis at the plate to end the game to help the Miami Marlins beat the Mets 3-2 on Friday night. "Its pretty surprising. Hats off to Ozuna," Nieuwenhuis said. "He made a great throw. Theres no other way to put it." Even Ozuna thought the Mets had tied the game. "I didnt think I had a chance to get him out, but I was going to throw it no matter what," Ozuna said. Ozuna also threw out David Wright to end the eighth after the Mets cut the deficit to 3-2. "I cant remember seeing a game decided by two great throws from a left fielder and two great tags from the catcher to end the game," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "Thats pretty amazing." Henderson Alvarez (4-3) pitched 6 1-3 scoreless innings, allowing seven hits without a walk, and struck out five. In his past six starts, he is 2-0 with a 0.68 ERA, which leads the majors since May 22. "It was a good start for myself. All my pitches were working. Now its about keeping going forward," Alvarez said. Steve Cishek allowed a double to Nieuwenhuis to open the ninth, but earned his 17th save in 18 chances when Ozunas throw landed in catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchias glove for his fourth assist of the season. "He started at the Clevelander, so I didnt think he had a shot, but he started running in," Saltalamacchia said. "Once he got closer I knew he had a chance, but thats a tough throw, big moment like that. You tend to do too much. He made a perfect throw." Mets starter Daisuke Matsuzaka (3-1) allowed one run and six hits in 5 1-3 innings. He struck out four. "I felt good today, and just going off our last time off of Alvarez, I knew it was going to be a close game -- a one or two-run game -- so I knew I couldnt give up too many runs," Matsuzaka said. "One run ended up making a difference." Adeiny Hechavarria drove in two runs, and Saltalamacchia hit two doubles for the Marlins, who won their major league-best 17th one-run game of the season despite going 1 for 11 with runners in scoring position. "It was nice to win that one," Redmond said. "We needed to win that one." Six of the eight games between these clubs this season have been decided by one run New York had a two-game winning streak snapped. With the Mets trailing 3-0 in the eighth, Wright hit an RBI single off Kevin Gregg. Two batters later, with Mike Dunn pitching, pinch-hitter Eric Campbell singled to left field to make it 3-2. Wright was thrown out at the plate as he tried to score on the hit. "I got thrown out by about 10 feet, so it wasnt a real close play," Wright said, "but at the same time we kind of thought that he was blocking (the plate) and apparently they thought he wasnt." Mets manager Terry Collins challenged the play, taking up the argument that Wright was blocked from getting to the plate. "When you saw replays, his foot had pretty much that whole side blocked," Collins said. "The over-the-top view, I dont know. You dont ever get an explanation. All they say is the play stands. "You dont ever get an explanation or why they ruled it, and the umpires are as confused as anybody." Rafael Furcal led off of the game for the Marlins with a triple off the right-field fence and scored on a groundout by Hechavarria. It was Furcals first extra-base hit of the season in 30 at-bats and first leadoff triple since June 11, 2010, against the Angels when he played for the Dodgers. "I knew that was the only run I could give up the rest of my outing," Matsuzaka said. After Jake Marisnick stole second base in the seventh, he swiped third with Wright not in position to cover the bag. He then scored when catcher Anthony Reckers throw to third went into left field. "It surprised them a little bit that he took off there with a left-hand hitter," Redmond said. "He was being aggressive and took advantage of a bad throw. That was a huge run for us." The Marlins extended their lead to 3-0 later in the inning when Wright attempted to bare-hand a grounder hit by Hechavarria, but the ball bounced past him, allowing Justin Bour to score. Wright was originally charged with an error, but it was later changed to a hit. NOTES: Mets SS Ruben Tejada took a base hit away from Casey McGehee in the eighth inning when he made a diving stop to his left, spun on the ground, and threw to first from his knees. ... Wright has a 10-game hitting streak at Marlins Park. ... Miami will send RHP Tom Koehler (5-5, 3.84) to the mound on Saturday. New York will counter with RHP Jacob deGrom (0-4, 4.39). Antoine Griezmann Jersey . Thats what he did over the past 2 1/2 years with the Washington Wizards. Wittmans approach helped turn the Wizards from pushover to playoff winners. Presnel Kimpembe France Jersey . -- Scottie Wilbekin sat on the bench for the final minute, holding a bag of ice against his left knee. http://www.nationalfrancesoccer.com/hugo-l...-france-jersey/ . A larger-than-life personality known for his intimidating style in the 18-yard box, Schmeichels career spanned some 20 years -- including a memorable tenure at Manchester United. Benjamin Pavard Jersey . According to Tony Barrett of The Times, the Liverpool captain is set to announce that he will leave the club at the end of the 2014-15 season. Zinedine Zidane France Jersey . The Kelowna, B.C. rink made the announcement on their facebook page on Thursday night.BEREA, Ohio - On one knee and far from the action, quarterback Johnny Manziel leaned on his orange helmet and watched. This is his new position. As Browns starter Brian Hoyer worked with Clevelands first-team offence during 11-on-11 drills Thursday, Manziel, for now relegated to the second string, observed from the side. He took mental notes as he waited for his turn. This rookie has been no sensation. Hes not ready to start. Meet Johnny Backup. Failing to make any magic happen in his first two NFL preseason games and unable to close the gap enough to beat out Hoyer, Manziel will begin the season as Clevelands No. 2 quarterback, matching his uniform number. Its not a major surprise given hes had to learn a complex offence and he entered training camp behind Hoyer. But Manziels inability to leap-frog Hoyer, a journeyman who has made four career starts and is coming off knee surgery, shows the jump from college to pros is gargantuan — even for Johnny Football. "Obviously I didnt want this to be the outcome," Manziel said. "But at the same time, I didnt necessarily feel I was ready, I felt like there were steps that I needed to take, and I need to take, to get better." Manziel has shown flashes, just not enough. Still, the Browns have seen promise in him, and Manziels immense fan base now has members inside Clevelands locker room. "We got arguably the best No. 2 in the NFL," said wide receiver Nate Burleson. "Im a Johnny Football fan. Not only was I a fan before he got here, but now hes family because we play for the same team. Ill always be in his corner." Manziel has improved in recent weeks. Hes got a much better grasp on offensive co-ordinator Kyle Shanahans playbook and its tongue-twisting verbiage; some plays contain 17 words. Hes made better decisions with the ball, and hes won over some skeptical teammates with a solid work ethic and humble attitude. Trouble is, Manziel may have damaged his chances to win the starting job before camp with his well-documented partying. The photos of Manziel chugging champagne while floating on an inflatable swan, talking into a phone made of money, and rolling a dollar bill in a bathroom brought him unwanted attention. The Browns were privately concerned about Manziels behaviour and warned him about it. He obliged, but had two recent missteps: being late for a team meeting and flipping his middle finger at the Redskins sideline Monday night on national TV..dddddddddddd The gesture, relatively harmless compared to other things than go on during a game, may have reinforced the belief of coach Mike Pettine and his staff that Manziel wasnt prepared mentally or physically to face the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sept. 7. Sitting and waiting is nothing new for Manziel. He was so far behind when he got to Texas A&M that the Aggies redshirted him as a freshman. It wasnt long, though, before he was the big man on campus and quickly the biggest name in college football, a one-man scrambling highlights machine. Manziel, who has completed 14 of 27 passes for 128 yards and a touchdown, said nothing has surprised him so far. "Its exactly what I thought it would be," he said. "I knew it would be a big step, a big learning process. If people would have seen me my first year at A&M they wouldve said no way this kid could get to where Im at today. People dont understand that my first year-and-a-half at A&M I was terrible. "I just continued to try and get better, learn the playbook, got more comfortable around everybody, around the coaches with the system, and then good things happened for me." Pettine said there wont be a "leash" on Hoyer, who will get an opportunity to take the job and run with it. But the Browns difficult early schedule — theyll host New Orleans and Baltimore after facing the Steelers — could make things interesting if theyre 0-3 or 1-2 at the bye week. Manziel isnt the first prominent rookie to take a back seat in Year 1. Hell find his path, and knowing Manziel, it wont be a straight one. "You dont have to come in from your first day of your rookie season and play right away," he said. "Theres no exact guideline to how this process works with young quarterbacks. For me, I need to continue to do what I need to do to get better as a football player, get smarter and learn more, control what I can control and everything will work out fine for me." NOTES: Pettine plans to play his starters most of the first half against St. Louis on Saturday. Pettine is also leaning toward his starters playing in the exhibition finale against Chicago. ... Pettine said WR Josh Gordons pending NFL suspension has weighed on the Pro Bowler. "He wants to get on with it and move forward," Pettine said. "Just being in limbo for so long, it can be draining." ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '
  Daca iti place acest topic recomanda pe facebook :
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
geebranz
postare Mar 18 2021, 04:22 AM
Postare #2

Grup: Members Plus
Postari: 230
Inscris la: 6-March 21
Membru nr.: 241,100

Yeah, but who won?

best false eyelashes