Bine ati venit Vizitator ( Logare | Inregistrare )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 15-day Disabled List Saturday With A Strained
Dogcat250
postare May 21 2019, 08:44 AM
Postare #1

Silver Member

Grup: Silver Members
Postari: 1,417
Inscris la: 12-January 19
Membru nr.: 239,422

ATLANTA -- The Cincinnati Reds placed catcher Devin Mesoraco on the 15-day disabled list Saturday with a strained left hamstring, and injured closer Aroldis Chapman made a "big step" in his recovery from facial fractures. Mesoraco hurt his hamstring while scoring from second in Friday nights 5-4 loss at Atlanta. Chapman was hit by a line drive during an exhibition game on March 19, breaking his nose and a bone above his left eye. The left-hander looked strong while throwing 43 pitches in batting practice before Saturday nights game against the Braves. The session was divided into two "innings," separated by a five-minute break. It was Chapmans second time throwing batting practice and his first without a protective screen in front of the mound. He is scheduled to throw another simulated game on Tuesday in Cincinnati before beginning a rehab stint in the minors. "I think it was a big step today to throw without a protective screen for the first time since the incident happened," Reds manager Bryan Price said. "I thought it was a big step, and if one more outing makes him feel physically and mentally more prepared to face hitters in a game situation, thats great." Chapman said he is still regaining the stamina he needs to feel ready for games. "I think everything went well," Chapman said through a translator. "I dont feel physically the same way I was feeling in spring training but I believe with a little work I will be in the physical shape that I want to be." Chapman said he wasnt worried about throwing without the protective screen normally used in batting practice. "Actually, Im really positive," he said. "Since everything that happened to me, Ive been really positive. I didnt have a bad thought that this could happen again, that I could have any trauma to my head again." Price said he does not think Chapman will need a long stay in the minors. "I hate to put a number on it because that would be reckless, but after we send him out I dont think it will be much more than a week," Price said. Right-hander Jonathan Broxton has four saves as the fill-in closer. Third baseman Todd Frazier was held out of the lineup after leaving Friday nights game with tightness in his left leg. Price said Frazier probably could have started if needed. The Reds recalled catcher Tucker Barnhart from Triple-A Louisville to play behind Brayan Pena. Neftali Soto is making his first career start at third base against the Braves. Barnhart, Soto and Ramon Santiago took turns in the batters box against Chapman. Jordan Scarlett Jersey . Donald Young lost in straight sets to Israels Dudi Sela 6-3, 6-0. Querrey, ranked No. 61, is the second-highest ranked American, ahead of Johnson (64). Cheap Carolina Panthers Jerseys . A top pitching prospect, one who the ball club is pinning some of its future hopes, takes the spot of a veteran who once was viewed as a future ace but who, to this point, hasnt realized his potential and may never. http://www.cheapcarolinapanthersjerseysaut...am-mills-jersey . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. Cam Newton Jersey .com)LeBron clearly likes his Italian sports cars, and thats ok with me, so up next up is the 458 Spider. Will Grier Jersey . "I wasnt waving the pom-poms to be involved with it to start with," Carlyle said after a 5-2 win over Carolina on Sunday night. "Its been a trying time. "Specifically we havent played as well as wed like to hang our hat on.SEATTLE -- After three more years in the minors and another lost season to Tommy John surgery, Aaron Poreda wondered if he would ever get a chance to win another major league game. He got an answer for that question on Saturday night. Poreda pitched two scoreless innings to get the win when the Texas Rangers held off the Seattle Mariners for a 6-3 victory Saturday night. Mitch Moreland drove in Prince Fielder with a tiebreaking sacrifice fly in the eighth, and Texas added two more runs in the ninth. It was Poredas first victory since June 25, 2009, for the Chicago White Sox against the Los Angeles Dodgers. "Its amazing just to be back," Poreda said. "Its amazing to be put in the opportunity to get a win." Poreda (1-0) allowed one hit, struck out two and issued an intentional walk. With two runners on in the seventh inning, Poreda struck out Kyle Seager with a slider to keep the game tied at 3. "He threw strikes, had a good changeup working," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "It helped us tremendously that he gave us those two innings." Texas added two more runs in the ninth against Joe Beimel. Leonys Martin scored on a wild pitch and Fielder singled in Elvis Andrus to give Texas a 6-3 cushion. Joakim Soria pitched a scoreless ninth for his sixth save in six chances. Poreda is getting more work due in part to Pedro Figueroa landing on the disabled list with left elbow inflammation. But Poreda thinks there is room in the bullpen for both left-handers when Figueroa returns. He also isnt planning to wait another five years to get his next victory. "I have a lot higher expectations and goals than just one win. This is just the start of a great season," Poreda said. In the leadoff spot for the first time this season, Michael Saunders homered off Colby Lewis to give the Mariners an early 1-0 lead.dddddddddddd Seager led off the second with another homer and then scored on Mike Zuninos sacrifice fly in the fourth. The Rangers appeared to be in trouble, down 3-0 with Felix Hernandez on the mound for Seattle. But Texas managed to run up Hernandezs pitch count and broke through for three runs in the fifth inning. Singles from Moreland, Donnie Murphy and Martin loaded the bases with no outs. Robinson Chirinos drew a walk on four pitches to push Moreland across for the Rangers first run. Michael Choice singled in another run and Andrus sacrifice fly tied it at 3. "They were swinging at the first pitch and I was making a mistake staying in the middle of the plate and they were able to put a good swing on it," Hernandez said. "Three straight hits and after that, I dont even remember the last time I walked somebody on four straight pitches with the bases loaded." Hernandez allowed five hits in six innings. He struck out four and walked three. Charlie Furbush (0-2) got the loss. NOTES: Texas is expected to activate LHP Matt Harrison from the 15-day disabled to start Sundays series finale. Harrison hasnt appeared in a game since April 6, 2013. Harrison was the opening-day starter for Texas last season but only made two starts before landing on the disabled list in need of surgeries to his back and torso. He won 18 games for the Rangers in 2012. RHP Brandon Maurer (0-0, 2.08 ERA) will start for Seattle ... It was Saunders third career leadoff homer. ... Seager is batting .360 (9 for 25) with three homers and seven RBIs in his last seven starts. Hes raised his average from .170 to .213 over that span. Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '
  Daca iti place acest topic recomanda pe facebook :
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Versiune Lo-Fi Acum este ora: 18th April 2024 - 08:13 AM