Bine ati venit Vizitator ( Logare | Inregistrare )

> O Start Would Be With A Few Hockey Moments And
Dogcat250
postare Sep 12 2019, 05:21 AM
Postare #1

Silver Member

Grup: Silver Members
Postari: 1,417
Inscris la: 12-January 19
Membru nr.: 239,422

Since its the start of the NHL Playoffs and the NBA Playoffs are up next we thought that the best way to start would be with a few hockey moments and a very famous basketball one as well. THE MICHAEL JORDAN FLU GAME First this famous basketball moment. The story goes like this. “Game 5, known as "The Flu Game", was one of Michael Jordans most memorable. At 2 a.m on Tuesday morning, Jordan called his personal trainer to his hotel room, where he was lying in the fetal position and sweating profusely. He hardly had the strength to sit up in bed and was diagnosed with a stomach virus or food poisoning, likely caused by a pizza ordered the night before. The Bulls trainers told Jordan that there was no way he could play the next day. The Jazz had just won Games 3 & 4 to tie the series at 2 wins apiece, and a third consecutive win would give them the momentum. The Bulls needed their leader for this critical swing game, and despite his ailments, Jordan got out of bed at 5:50 p.m on Wednesday, just in time for the 7 oclock tip-off at the Delta Center.” Heres what it would have looked like if MJ took to Twitter: Heres a look at that Flu Game: PATRICK ROY VS JEREMY ROENICK Next up, the infamous war of words between Patrick Roy and Jeremy Roenick. Heres the set up, it was the 1996 Western Conference Semi Finals, Jeremy Roenick was hauled down on a breakaway late in the series and he got upset that a penalty was not called. When asked about it Patrick Roy responded with "I would have saved it anyway”. Roenick didnt take Roys comment lightly. In a separate interview, J.R. gave his response. "Id like to know where Patrick was in Game 3 (a game in which Roenick had scored on Patrick Roy on a similar breakaway)," he continued with "Probably up trying to get his jock out of the rafters." Patrick had the last laugh on and off the ice with one of the greatest quotes in hockey history: "I cannot really hear what Jeremy says because Ive got my two Stanley Cup rings plugging my ear,". Roy and the Avalanche won the series and then the Stanley Cup. Heres what it would have looked like if they guys had Twitter: Heres the video of the whole event: AL MICHAELS “DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES”Historic moments will always a part of sports, but rarely is a single event captured in a phrase, spoken just at the right moment. That is exactly what happened when Al Michaels exclaimed“Do you believe in miracles? Yes!” during the 1980 Winter Olympics in Lake Placid. Michaels said those words (while along side Ken Dryden) with six seconds left on the clock in what is arguably the most dramatic game and most unbelievable upset in sports history. To this day it is regularly quoted and a movie was even made using a title from his call.Heres what it would have looked like if he Tweeted it: We hope you enjoyed those Tweets in sports history, please let us know if you have suggestions for future moments you would like to see “If They Tweeted” by tweeting us @BarDown Alex Sandro Jersey . McCutchen was cut before the series opener against Seattle on Monday night, when Lewis was set for his first start for Texas since July 18, 2012. Texas selected Lewis contract from Triple-A Round Rock. Medhi Benatia Jersey . A fully booked flight forced me to leave two hours later. After a nice meal in which I studied the stats of the Argo win, I prepared to leave the restaurant. As I was gathering my things to leave many large individuals began to walk up and wait for tables. http://www.juventusfcpro.com/Kids-Mattia-De-Sciglio-Jersey/ .Steamboat Ski Resort contends Steamboat Springs, Colorado has long been known as Ski Town, U.S.A., and claims in a new lawsuit that Salt Lake tourism officials violated their trademark when they rolled out the Ski City marketing campaign last month. Cristiano Ronaldo Juventus Jersey . There is no argument that the line of Pacioretty, David Desharnais and Thomas Vanek was one of the hottest in the NHL leading into the post-season, and they did combine for three goals and seven points, but it was the depth of all four lines that helped propel Montreal. Alex Sandro Juventus Jersey . The win puts the final playoff berth in Group A in question. If the Czechs beat Slovakia on Tuesday, they will go through. If they lose, Germany will get the last quarter-final berth. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Two games in three weeks have taken their toll on the Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs. Both of the AFC West contenders were already missing several key players due to injuries before the Broncos 35-28 victory on Sunday. Several more players went down during the course of the game, including Denver wide receiver Trindon Holliday and Chiefs left tackle Brandon Albert. Holliday hurt his shoulder in the first half, shortly after Demaryius Thomas went down with a shoulder injury. Thomas eventually returned and finished the game. Albert went down with a sprained left knee later in the game. Chiefs coach Andy Reid said that an X-ray on the knee came back negative, but Albert will have an MRI exam on Monday. "See how he does here over night," Reid said. Chiefs tight end Anthony Fasano sustained a concussion when his head slammed to the turf in the third quarter and did not return. He had caught a touchdown pass earlier in the game. Kansas City safety Kendrick Lewis also left for several plays with a knee injury, though he managed to get treatment during the game and was on the field at the finish. "Im good," he said. "Just a little stinger." Broncos defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson went on injured reserve this week after dislocating his right hip in last weeks loss to New England, while defensive end Derek Wolfe was left behind in Denver after he was hospitalized Friday with seizure-like symptoms. Its unknown when Wolfe will be released from the hospital or when hell be cleared to resume football. The team said he did not suffer a stroke or a full-blown seizure. "The Derek Wolfe story, I think our team released enough information that Im not going to spend a lot of time talking about it, but I will tell you that we got good news," Broncos interim coach Jack Del Rio said. "All the tests theyve conducted and put him through, looks like hes going to be OK. At the end of the day, he is going to be all right and were happy to hear about that.dddddddddddd" Denver cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie did not play after jamming his right shoulder last week against New England. For a while it appeared as if hed be OK to play, even though he was limited in practice on Thursday and Friday and was listed as questionable for the game. Tight end Julius Thomas, who led the Broncos with 10 touchdown catches, also was inactive after dealing with a knee injury. He was limited in practice all week and also was questionable. The Broncos did have Knowshon Moreno, who needed a walking boot because of an ankle injury early in the week, and cornerback Champ Bailey, who had missed all but six quarters this season due to a lingering foot injury. Both of them were in the starting lineup. "Were banged up but we have some depth. It shows," said Bailey, who also left for a moment in the first quarter when he got the wind knocked out of him. "Its tough, but weve got some good players in this locker room and theyve stepped up." The Chiefs were missing top pass rusher Justin Houston, who dislocated his right elbow in last weeks loss to San Diego. Swelling prevented him from having an MRI exam until Wednesday, and team trainer Rick Burkholder said Houston is considered "week to week." Fellow linebacker Tamba Hali was active despite dealing with a sprained right ankle. Right guard Jon Asamoah and Fisher, who missed last weeks game with shoulder injuries, were active. But both of them began the game on the bench with Geoff Schwartz starting at guard and Donald Stephenson getting the starting nod at tackle. Fisher wound up getting into the game when Albert left with his injury. "Listen, I thought they did OK," Reid said. "Fish struggled a little bit early in the week and he was getting better as the week went on. Donald handled the majority of the snaps in practice. By the time we got to game time, we felt Fish was ready to go. He had to play and I thought he did a decent job." ' ' '
  Daca iti place acest topic recomanda pe facebook :
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Postari in acest topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Versiune Lo-Fi Acum este ora: 28th March 2024 - 04:45 PM