Bine ati venit Vizitator ( Logare | Inregistrare )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> But At Least There Has Been Some Upward Movement
Dogcat250
postare Aug 19 2019, 06:02 AM
Postare #1

Silver Member

Grup: Silver Members
Postari: 1,417
Inscris la: 12-January 19
Membru nr.: 239,422

EDMONTON -- The Edmonton Oilers have dug themselves an awfully deep hole, but at least there has been some upward movement of late. Jordan Eberle scored twice as the Oilers won their third game in a row for the first time this season, getting past the Florida Panthers 4-1 on Thursday night. Sam Gagner and David Perron also scored and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins had three assists for the Oilers (7-15-2) who improved to 3-7-0 at Rexall Place this season. "Weve got some confidence back and some swagger," Nugent-Hopkins said. "It is definitely nice. You obviously cant get too high, but when you are losing a lot of games in a row some guys can get down. You need to stay positive and it is easy to do that when you are winning." Edmonton was 2-9-1 in its previous 12 games before embarking on the winning streak. "Winning games does so much for the confidence of the team, especially when you are playing well and winning," said Oilers forward Taylor Hall. "Thats a double bonus. We are getting great goaltending and it seems like our special teams is the engine that is driving us right now. We are getting a lot of confidence off of that." Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins said goaltender Devan Dubnyk has been very sharp of late. "He seems really focused early in the games," he said. "When our team was struggling, we werent focused early and he was part of that. I find him very focused to start games now. Then he gets into the rhythm and gets a little swagger back there. He has been excellent for us of late, and when your goalie is excellent the wins start piling up." Eakins added it has also been a good thing to provide the home fans something to cheer about. "Its always nice when you are coming off the ice and they are clapping and not yelling You suck," he said. Scottie Upshall responded for the Panthers (6-13-4) who saw a season-high two-game winning streak come to an end. "Our starts have been hurting us. Weve had a handful of games where were behind the eight-ball right away and in this league, its hard to catch up," said Panthers defenceman Tom Gilbert. "They came out strong and we just werent ready to match that. "We had our opportunities, it was just a matter of trying to get the second goal, trying to get some momentum, trying to get some energy going for us and we just never got that. Florida head coach Peter Horachek said his team just didnt seem to be going the same speed as the Oilers. "The key was the energy, we didnt have any," he said. "Thats the key to the game, if your energy is better and you go out with a workman attitude, everything improves, the whole game improves from our standpoint. "I thought at the beginning of the game, you could see the work ethic wasnt there, the legs werent there, the compete level wasnt there. That made it a struggle." The Oilers picked up right where they left off in Tuesdays 7-0 drubbing of the Columbus Blue Jackets, scoring a power play goal just 57 seconds into the contest. A Nugent-Hopkins point shot deflected into the air and Eberle was able to bat it past Florida goalie Tim Thomas for his seventh of the season. It was Edmontons 12th straight unanswered goal stretching back to a four-goal third-period explosion in Saturdays 4-2 win over Calgary. Edmonton had 12 first period shots to Floridas six on Dubnyk. The Oilers made it 2-0 six minutes into the second period as Nail Yakupov did a good job waiting out traffic on a three-on-two break, sending a nice pass to a trailing Gagner who beat Thomas high to the glove side for his first of the season. Edmonton took a three-goal lead just past the mid-mark of the second frame with another power play goal as Perron was able to tip in his eighth of the season off of a one-timer from the top of the circle by defenceman Justin Schultz. Florida finally got on the board with three-and-a-half minutes to play in the second period as the Panthers caught Edmonton scrambling with defender Corey Potter without a stick and Upshall somehow snuck a bad-angle shot between Dubnyk and the post to make it 3-1. The Panthers had three power plays in the third period, but were unable to get anything past Dubnyk. Eberle scored his second of the game into an empty net to put the game away. The Panthers wrap up a five-game road trip in Calgary on Friday night. The Oilers are off until Monday, when they host the Chicago Blackhawks. Notes: The game was the second of two meetings between the teams this season. Edmonton won the first game 4-3 in overtime on Nov. 5 when rookie forward Mark Arcobello scored the first two goals of his NHL career, including the overtime winner. Arcobello was a healthy scratch for the rematcha After the loss to the Oilers, the Panthers fired head coach Kevin Dineen, replacing him with current bench boss Peter Horacheka The Oilers put bruising forward Steven MacIntyre on waivers for the purpose of reassignment to their AHL affiliate in Oklahoma Citya Panthers defenceman Mike Weaver missed the game with an illness, while forward Scott Gomez missed his eighth game with a groin injury. Defenceman Ed Jovanovski (hip) is officially off injured reserve, but has still yet to play this seasona Friday marks the 10th anniversary of the Heritage Classic Game in Edmonton, the NHLs first-ever outdoor match-up. Among those in attendance was a 12-year-old Taylor Hall to see the Oilers face the Montreal Canadiens. There are six outdoor games scheduled this season in the NHLa Oilers centre Boyd Gordon was an impressive 15-2 in faceoffs in the game. Drew Doughty Kings Jersey .C. -- Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith has been ruled out for Sundays game against the Atlanta Falcons. Alex Iafallo Jersey . George Hill had 13 points and seven rebounds for the Pacers, who stayed atop the overall NBA standings despite losing twice on their West Coast trip. Los Angeles kept it close into the second half before the Pacers finished an easy win over the injury-riddled Lakers, who have lost five straight. http://www.kingsauthentic.com/authentic-ty...i-kings-jersey/ . The Oilers jumped into the free agent market early by signing defencemen Keith Aulie (six-foot-six, 228 pounds) and Mark Fayne (6-3, 210 pounds) and left-winger Benoit Pouliot (6-3, 197-pounds). Two days earlier MacTavish traded lightweight forward Sam Gagner to Tampa Bay for 6-3, 203-pound right winger Ted Purcell. Kelly Hrudey Jersey . HABS HEADED TO CONFERENCE FINAL The Montreal Canadiens scored early in Game Seven, built a lead and protected it well on their way to a 3-1 series-clinching win over the Boston Bruins. While this game or series isnt necessarily a referendum on the value of fourth lines, the Canadiens certainly benefitted from production lower down their forward depth chart. Luc Robitaille Kings Jersey . Sure, Josh Browns 45-yard field goal on the third drive of overtime lifted the New York Giants to a 23-20 win over Detroit on Sunday. But the Lions (7-8) dropped themselves out of the NFC North race by losing five of their last six games, blowing fourth-quarter leads in each setback. ATLANTA -- The Cincinnati Reds placed catcher Devin Mesoraco on the 15-day disabled list Saturday with a strained left hamstring, and injured closer Aroldis Chapman made a "big step" in his recovery from facial fractures. Mesoraco hurt his hamstring while scoring from second in Friday nights 5-4 loss at Atlanta. Chapman was hit by a line drive during an exhibition game on March 19, breaking his nose and a bone above his left eye. The left-hander looked strong while throwing 43 pitches in batting practice before Saturday nights game against the Braves. The session was divided into two "innings," separated by a five-minute break. It was Chapmans second time throwing batting practice and his first without a protective screen in front of the mound. He is scheduled to throw another simulated game on Tuesday in Cincinnati before beginning a rehab stint in the minors. "I think it was a big step today to throw without a protective screen for the first time since the incident happened," Reds manager Bryan Price said. "I thought it was a big step, and if one more outing makes him feel physically and mentally more prepared to face hitters in a game situation, thats great." Chapman said he is still regaining the stamina he needs to feel ready for games. "I think everything weent well," Chapman said through a translator.dddddddddddd "I dont feel physically the same way I was feeling in spring training but I believe with a little work I will be in the physical shape that I want to be." Chapman said he wasnt worried about throwing without the protective screen normally used in batting practice. "Actually, Im really positive," he said. "Since everything that happened to me, Ive been really positive. I didnt have a bad thought that this could happen again, that I could have any trauma to my head again." Price said he does not think Chapman will need a long stay in the minors. "I hate to put a number on it because that would be reckless, but after we send him out I dont think it will be much more than a week," Price said. Right-hander Jonathan Broxton has four saves as the fill-in closer. Third baseman Todd Frazier was held out of the lineup after leaving Friday nights game with tightness in his left leg. Price said Frazier probably could have started if needed. The Reds recalled catcher Tucker Barnhart from Triple-A Louisville to play behind Brayan Pena. Neftali Soto is making his first career start at third base against the Braves. Barnhart, Soto and Ramon Santiago took turns in the batters box against Chapman. ' ' '
  Daca iti place acest topic recomanda pe facebook :
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
geebranz
postare Mar 19 2021, 04:30 AM
Postare #2

Grup: Members Plus
Postari: 230
Inscris la: 6-March 21
Membru nr.: 241,100

Great career

cryotherapy corpus christi