Bine ati venit Vizitator ( Logare | Inregistrare )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ling Club Hopes To End Its Slide Sunday Evening In Ne
Dogcat250
postare Sep 16 2019, 08:56 AM
Postare #1

Silver Member

Grup: Silver Members
Postari: 1,417
Inscris la: 12-January 19
Membru nr.: 239,422

The Toronto Maple Leafs have picked a bad time to go on a four-game losing streak, but the struggling club hopes to end its slide Sunday evening in New Jersey. Toronto has dropped four straight in regulation and has five losses in its last six games. The rough patch has the Maple Leafs barely hanging on to a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference with 80 points. The Leafs are one point in front of Detroit for the first wild card spot. The Red Wings currently occupy the second wild card, but are tied in the standings with Washington. Meanwhile, the Columbus Blue Jackets are lurking just two points behind Toronto. The Red Wings and Blue Jackets have games on Sunday, while Washington is off. The Devils, meanwhile, are six points behind Detroit for the last playoff spot in the East. New Jersey also hasnt helped its postseason cause lately with four losses in five games. Torontos most recent setback came in Saturdays home test against the rival Montreal Canadiens. Tomas Plekanec scored the go-ahead goal in the third period and the Habs held on for the 4-3 win at Air Canada Centre. The Leafs are 0-4 with Reimer in net since starting goalie Jonathan Bernier went down with a groin injury on March 13 in Los Angeles. Bernier is nearing a return from his injury but he didnt make the trip to New Jersey on Sunday, meaning Reimer could get another start. Some good news for the Maple Leafs? Center Dave Bolland played his first game Saturday since suffering a severed tendon in his ankle on Nov. 2. "I felt great," said Bolland. "I felt good with everything that was going on out there." Bolland had one shot in nine minutes and Joffrey Lupul, Tyler Bozak and Nazem Kadri scored Torontos goals. Reimer stopped 32 shots in the loss. "We win and lose as a team," said Carlyle. "The work ethic of our group has been strong. Our execution is the area we need to get better at." Toronto hopes to continue its recent dominance of the Devils on Sunday. The Maple Leafs have won the last six encounters in this series overall and have claimed three straight and four of five in New Jersey. Both meetings between the clubs this season have ended in shootouts. James van Riemsdyk, a native of New Jersey, provided the decisive shootout goal for Toronto on both occasions. Sundays game will mark Toronto forward David Clarksons first game back in New Jersey. Clarkson, who played in 426 games for the Devils, had a 30-goal season for Jersey in 2011-12 but left the Garden State over the summer to sign a seven-year, $36.75 million contract with Toronto. It has been a trying first season with the Leafs for Clarkson. The 29-year-old has missed significant time due to suspensions and injuries and only has four goals and six assists in 49 games this season. Clarkson has so far failed to register a point in two games against the Devils in 2013-14. "I would be lying if I said (this game) was something that you dont think about," Clarkson told NorthJersey.com. "I dont know how the fans will act, but I am looking forward to going back." The Devils were blanked in Saturdays home battle against the New York Rangers. Henrik Lundqvist recorded his 50th career shutout, a new franchise record, to help New York record the 2-0 win at Prudential Center. The loss dropped New Jersey nine points behind the Rangers for third place in the Metropolitan Division. Martin Brodeur was solid in defeat, stopping 25-of-26 shots for the Devils, who only have 11 games left to make a playoff push. "Weve got to regroup because we have a game tomorrow and it starts right there," said New Jersey forward Stephen Gionta. "Were going to have to claw our way back because were not going to give up until the end." New Jersey fell to 1-2-0 on a crucial five-game homestand after Saturdays setback and the club is 17-10-7 as the host this season. Cory Schneider will get the call in net for New Jersey on Sunday. He is 0-2 with a 1.40 goals against average in two career games against Toronto. Ottawa Senators Jerseys . When New Zealand finally held on for an 8-7 win, France No. 8 Imanol Harinordoquy collapsed to the ground, having given every drop of energy he could muster, and lay prone as All Blacks danced around him in celebration. Few critics had given France any chance, but coach Marc Lievremonts team rallied from 8-0 down and came within one kick of taking the lead with 15 minutes remaining, only for flyhalf Francois Trinh-Ducs 49-meter effort to drift wide. Daniel Alfredsson Jersey . Ronaldo netted his 14th goal of the season in Europes top competition to give Madrid a clear advantage ahead of next weeks quarterfinal return leg in Germany. But it came at a price as the Portugal forward, who came into the first-leg nursing a sore left knee, came off in the 80th minute. http://www.senatorssale.com/authentic-dyla...enators-jersey/ . The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then. Bobby Ryan Senators Jersey . His absence against the Celtics comes a day after he scored 43 points in the Heats 100-96 win at Cleveland. Craig Anderson Senators Jersey . Pierre last November, only to watch St. Pierre leave the UFC octagon with his welterweight title belt and a split-decision victory.SOFIA, Bulgaria -- Nam Nguyen of Canada struck gold in mens singles at the ISU world junior figure championships. The 15-year-old from Toronto landed two triple Axels to score 144.19 points for his clean long program -- a seasons best by almost eight points. "That was the best free skate I have ever had," Nguyen said. "It was the first time Ive ever done two triple Axels in one program and I hope to continue to do that." Nguyen led after the short program, and then skating to Bachs "Air on a G String" and Fantasia and Fugue" in the free program, Nguyen produced a triple Axel-double toe, then his second triple Axel, before reeling off six more triple jumps. "I took it as a new day. I didnt really think about what had happened in (Thursdays short program). I just told myself to take one element at a time," Nguyen said. "Just before I went into my starting position I told myself just to have fun. This was my third junior worlds so I really didnt have anything to lose. I enjoyed it very much." The Canadian scored 217.06 points overall. Russias Adian Pitkeev surged from seventh after the short program to claim the silver with 212.51 points. American Nathan Chen rose from sixth after the short to capture the bronze (212.03). Nguyen is coached by Canadas two-time Olympic siilver medallist Brian Orser, who also works with Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan.dddddddddddd "This was a good event with good skating, and Nam really skated for it to win this championship," Orser said. Nguyen wont get much of a breather after his gold-medal performance as hes a member of Canadas squad for the world senior championships that begin March 24 in Tokyo. "I have to get back to training on Tuesday and I leave for worlds on Saturday, so I just have to enjoy the moment as much as possible now and when I get back I focus only on the senior world championships," Nguyen said. When Nguyen was assigned to the senior world team, Orser cautioned his young skater "not to get ahead of himself." "I said we have to get through junior worlds and do a great job there, and then we would shift gears after that for worlds. He was really able to do that and I was proud of him for that," Orser said. "He is really on such a great emotional high to carry him through, so he is just going to ride this wave. He has had a really busy season with 12 or 13 competitions, and he has just gotten better and better at each one." Canadas three-time defending world champion Patrick Chan, who won silver at the Olympics last month, wont compete at the world championships. ' ' '
  Daca iti place acest topic recomanda pe facebook :
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Versiune Lo-Fi Acum este ora: 16th April 2024 - 10:20 AM