Bine ati venit Vizitator ( Logare | Inregistrare )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Either Involve A Horrific 2003 Crash In Which His
Dogcat250
postare Jul 19 2019, 02:56 AM
Postare #1

Silver Member

Grup: Silver Members
Postari: 1,417
Inscris la: 12-January 19
Membru nr.: 239,422

TALLADEGA, Ala. -- Most of Elliott Sadlers memories of Talladega Superspeedway are unpleasant. They either involve a horrific 2003 crash in which his car flipped several times and slid forever through the grass on its roof, or many different ways hed come up empty racing for a win. Finally, he has a victory that tops all those other disappointments. "I have such a love-hate relationship with this race track. We always run good here, but I always doggone flip or wreck or hit hard or something," Sadler said in Victory Lane. "Every autograph session, everywhere I go, everybody always reminds me of the flip I had down the backstraighaway here. Now maybe they can ask me about winning here." Sadler won a three-lap shootout to the checkered flag in the Nationwide Series race. The race Saturday was stopped for a little more than nine minutes to clean the track following a six-car accident that began when Jeremy Clement was turning into an outside wall and his car shot back into traffic. Sadler reflected on many of his previous races during the stoppage. "Under the red flag, I was playing all these scenarios in my head," Sadler said. "Really, how many races Ive lost in the last couple laps not making the right decisions." There were three laps remaining on the restart, and Sadler had to throw several blocks to hold off a charge from the pack of traffic behind him. It was the 10th Nationwide Series victory of Sadlers career, first at Talladega, and first win since 2012. "We just stayed to the bottom and stuck to our guns," Sadler said of his strategy. "We made the right blocks at the right time." "I was disappointed last year we werent able to do it. It means a lot to me to get the JGR team to Victory Lane -- they work their butts off and we werent able to reward them." After going winless last season, his first with Joe Gibbs Racing, finally grabbing a victory was a heavy relief for Sadler. He left Richard Childress Racing to join JGR in an attempt to race for the Nationwide title. Instead, after winning four races in 2012 and finishing second that year in the standings, Sadler had just nine top-10 finishes and was a distant fourth in the title race. "When you come to a new place and you are running for such a respectable man and owner, and you are not able to give back to them, and not go to Victory Lane and not able to run for the championship as strong as you want to, man, it weighed on me heavy," Sadler said. "To be able to go to Victory Lane, and (Gibbs) call me on the phone, was amazing to me. That was a feeling that is really hard to put into words, but it feels good." Chris Buescher finished second and Regan Smith, winner of last years race, was third. Sadlers win ended a three-race winning streak for JR Motorsports, which picked up victories from Chase Elliott at Texas and Darlington and Kevin Harvick last week at Richmond. "We couldnt keep the JR Motorsports winning streak alive, but theres a lot of races left," Smith said. Elliott, who finished 19th, maintained his lead as the Nationwide points leader. But Sadlers victory pulled him to just one point behind Elliott. David Ragan finished fourth and was followed by Sam Hornish Jr., making his first race since losing the Nationwide title by three points last season. Hornish has a seven-race deal with JGR and made his debut by winning the pole in Friday qualifying. Joe Nemechek was sixth and followed by J.J. Yeley, Landon Cassill, David Starr and Trevor Bayne. John Cominsky Jersey . He says he will have the operation Wednesday and be ready in time for training camp in September. Bernier missed five games in March due to the injury. Kendall Sheffield Womens Jersey . The Calgary Stampeders running back received the West Division nomination for the CFLs top individual award Thursday in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada and leagues eight head coaches. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcons-...Ollison-Jersey/ . Like a magic trick, the puck popped out behind Stalock in the San Jose net. While Sharks coach Todd McLellan decried the legality of the tiebreaking goal, the Los Angeles Kings celebrated their latest, greatest escape yet. John Cominsky Youth Jersey .C. -- Eric Staal kept his focus after his apparent breakaway goal was waived off early in the third period. Kendall Sheffield Youth Jersey .The seventh-seeded Raonic was scheduled to play U.S. Open finalist Kei Nishikori of Japan, but was replaced in the Group B pool by Spanish substitute David Ferrer.Raonic, who was 0-2 at the year-end event, said he suffered the injury late in the first set of Tuesdays 6-3, 7-6 loss to Murray.HAMILTON - Solid goaltending from Jacob Markstrom helped the San Antonio Rampage beat the Hamilton Bulldogs 4-1 Monday in the American Hockey League. Markstrom made 30 saves and Colby Robak, Drew Shor, Dylan Olsen and Vincent Trocheck scored for the Rampage (22-21-8). Patrick Holland had the lone goal for the Bulldogs (22-23-5), who have lost seven of their last nine games. Robert Mayer stopped 26 shots in the losing effort. San Antonio opened on a power play as Robak took a pass from Greg Rallo and released a high, heavy shot over Mayers shoulder at 9:16 of the first period. The Bulldogs used the forecheck to score the tying goal at 18:48 as Martin St. Pierre flicked a centring pass in front that clipped the skate of Holland as he skated through the slot and slid past Markstrom. But it took less tthan a minute for the Rampage to break the deadlock in the second period on an odd-man rush with Rallo shooting and Shore swatting in the rebound just 23 seconds into the period.dddddddddddd Less than two minutes later, San Antonio doubled its lead when Olsens wrist shot caught Mayer by surprise and beat him through the five hole at 2:01. Hamilton head coach Sylvain Lefebvre called a time out to settle his group. Hamilton had a chance to cut the deficit 10 minutes into the period when Christian Thomas stole the puck in the low slot and snapped a wrist shot over Markstroms crossbar. Trocheck put the game away when he scored into the empty net at 18:24. Hamiltons power play was shut out for the second straight game, as the Bulldogs went 0-4 with the man advantage. San Antonio was 1-1. ' ' '
  Daca iti place acest topic recomanda pe facebook :
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Versiune Lo-Fi Acum este ora: 25th April 2024 - 06:37 AM