Bine ati venit Vizitator ( Logare | Inregistrare )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Long To Make His Presence Felt With The Big Club
Dogcat250
postare Jun 24 2019, 03:30 AM
Postare #1

Silver Member

Grup: Silver Members
Postari: 1,417
Inscris la: 12-January 19
Membru nr.: 239,422

ST. LOUIS -- After returning from Triple-A Memphis a day earlier, Shane Robinson didnt take long to make his presence felt with the big club. Robinson was given a start and made the most of it by going 3 for 4 with two RBIs and a run scored and the St. Louis Cardinals completed a three-game sweep of Arizona by beating the Diamondbacks 4-2 Thursday night. "It was a good feeling to be able to get in there and help out the club and get a win tonight," Robinson said. "Im just feeling blessed to be up here." Allen Craig drove in the go-ahead run with a two-out double in the seventh inning. Craig was 2 for 4 and also scored a run. The sweep was the first of a three-game series this season for St. Louis, which has won seven of eight. Pat Neshek (1-0) pitched scoreless seventh and eighth innings to pick up his first win as a Cardinal. "You try to throw strikes and keep the game within reach and maybe our hitters will score," Neshek said. "Tonight, they did." Trevor Rosenthal retired Arizona in order in the ninth for his 14th save in 16 chances. Arizonas Paul Goldschmidt had an RBI single and Aaron Hill drove in a run with a sacrifice fly. Diamondbacks starter Wade Miley (3-5) lasted 6 2-3 innings and allowed three runs and seven hits and four walks with three strikeouts. Miley seemed poised to get through seven innings as he retired Matt Carpenter and Peter Bourjos on groundouts to start that inning. But he walked Matt Holiday, and Craig hit his next pitch into the gap in right-centre to score Holliday and give St. Louis a 3-2 lead. "He was trying to hit the ball the other way in that situation and get back on track," Miley said of Craig. "I make a better pitch and its a different situation." Matt Carpenter gave the Cardinals some insurance with a two-out RBI single off Arizona reliever Joe Thatcher in the eighth. Arizona manager Kirk Gibson credited the Cardinals for their ability to extend innings. "They scored two-out runs on us this whole series," Gibson said. "Theyre very good at that." The Diamondbacks jumped on St. Louis starter Lance Lynn early. Gerardo Parra led off the game with a single to right and went to second on a walk to Martin Prado. Goldschmidt singled to right to score Parra and move Prado to third. Hill then made Arizonas first out, but it was a productive one as his sacrifice fly to right made it 2-0. But those were all the runs that Lynn allowed. He lasted six innings and allowed seven hits and a walk while striking out six. "I stopped throwing the ball down the middle," Lynn said. "I left a few balls up in the first. I was able to regroup." St. Louis scored twice in the sixth to tie it at 2-2. With one out, Craig reached on an infield single to second. One out later, Craig moved to third on Jhonny Peraltas double down the line in left. Robinson then scored both of them when he followed Peralta with a double to the gap in left-centre to tie it 2-2. "My swing feels pretty good right now," Robinson said. "I had a chance to work on it down there (at Memphis) I think it helped getting in right away." NOTES: Holliday has reached base safely in all 21 home games. ... Chase Anderson (2-0, 5.06 ERA) takes on Bartolo Colon (3-5) when the Diamondbacks open a three-game series at the New York Mets on Friday. ... Shelby Miller (6-2) will seek to win his seventh straight decision when he opposes the Reds Homer Bailey in the opener of a three-game series in Cincinnati on Friday. ... Goldschmidt has driven in 17 runs in his past 21 games. Nate Davis Jersey . Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. Cheap Titans Jerseys China . But last years runner-up Jarkko Nieminen crashed out despite winning the first set against Denis Istomin. Istomin fired 10 aces and won 6-7 (5), 6-3, 6-2 to even his career record against Nieminen at 3-3. http://www.cheaptitansjerseyselite.com/?ta...i-hooker-jersey . JOHNS, N. Cheap Titans Jerseys Authentic .2 million in 2012, according to tax returns the league has submitted. Cheap Tennessee Titans Jerseys .Corey Brewer had 19 points eight rebounds, five assists and five steals for the Timberwolves, who snapped a six-game losing streak and won for just the third time since Ricky Rubio went out with an injured ankle on Nov. ANAHEIM, Calif. -- After blowing a three-run lead in the ninth inning on one ill-fated pitch to Raul Ibanez, Jose Valverde needed a lift, and so did his New York Mets teammates. They got one four innings later from Anthony Recker. The backup catcher, the eighth batter in the lineup, led off the 13th with a home run off rookie Matt Shoemaker and also had a two-run single earlier, leading the Mets to a 7-6 victory over the Los Angeles Angels on Saturday night. "Obviously, its great to be able to pick him up," Recker said of Valverde. "We want him to have confidence every time he goes out there -- because, lets face it, hes a pretty darn good pitcher. So we dont want to lose that." The Mets evened up their interleague series at a game apiece, but it wasnt easy. Valverde came on in the ninth to protect a 6-3 lead for Jonathon Niese, but the 41-year-old Ibanez drove Valverdes 1-0 pitch deep into the right-field seats after David Freese singled with two outs and Erick Aybar walked. The homer was Ibanezs 302nd in the majors -- and his 2,000th hit. Valverde, who converted all 49 save chances in 2011 for the Tigers, was the 239th pitcher Ibanez has homered against in 19 big league seasons. "Jose wasnt able to come through tonight, but I know he will next time," Recker said. "Hes been there before. Hes been through the good and the bad. Hes a veteran, and hell be OK. We just look forward to moving on from here and getting some more wins." Omar Quintanilla, the Mets No. 9 hitter, provided some temporary insurance in the ninth with a two-run single off Kevin Jepsen. But Valverde, who spent the previous four years in Detroit and lost his closer role last season, ended up with his first blown save in three chances since signing with the Mets as a free agent in February. "We didnt know what was going to happen," manager Terry Collins said. "He didnt pitch a lot last year, so we were hoping that the added rest was going to help him get some arm strength back. And hes throwing the ball very well. Tonights really the worst outing hes had. But the at-bat by Aybar is the one that dismantled him. I was told that when he walks people, he gets in trouble." Shoemaker (0-1), the eighth Angels pitcher, escaped his own bases-loaded jam in the 12th by striking out Juan Lagares. But Recker drove the right-handers second pitch of the 13th into the left-field bullpen for his first homer this seasson.dddddddddddd "The 12th inning was a momentum boost. It got us going and it got me going. That was exciting," Shoemaker said. "I tried to stay in there as long as could to give the team a chance to win. But the next inning, I was supposed to be locating the fastball low and away and definitely missed my spot. It was much higher than it was supposed to be, and he didnt miss it." John Lannan (1-0) pitched two perfect innings for the victory. Niese allowed three runs and six hits in 7 1-3 innings with five strikeouts and a walk. Jered Weaver was charged with four runs, three hits and four walks in 6 2-3 innings and struck out five. Lucas Dudas two-out solo homer in the second was the Mets only hit against him until the seventh, when Duda singled Curtis Granderson -- who walked -- to third with two outs. Lagares followed with an RBI single on Weavers 99th and final pitch. "He struggled a little bit with location early, but he was able to get by and still made a lot of pitches to get out of trouble," catcher Chris Iannetta said. "In the middle of the game, I thought he pitched great. That last inning he made one tough pitch and that was it. Other than that, it was a really good ballgame for him. "I think its more of a mechanical issue that hes fighting right now. He just needs to make a couple of adjustments here and there, but its minor. Hell be fine. Im not necessarily worried about that." Recker greeted Fernando Salas with a sinking liner to centre field that bounced off Mike Trouts glove as he attempted to make a diving catch. The hit gave the Mets a 4-3 lead. Iannetta homered for the Angels in the fifth, thwarted an attempted double steal and tagged out a runner at the plate to complete a double play started by left fielder Collin Cowgill -- who also homered against Niese, in the sixth. NOTES: Pujols had 21 homers, 63 RBIs and a .311 average in 71 career games against the Mets during his 11 seasons with St. Louis. ... Weaver is 27-15 with a 3.38 ERA in 51 starts since his no-hitter against Minnesota on May 2, 2012. ... The Angels obtained Cowgill from the Mets last June in a trade that sent OF Kyle Johnson to Flushing. ... Dudas homer was his first in 27 career at-bats as a designated hitter to that point. ... Freese was 0 for 3 against Niese and is hitless in 12 career at-bats against the left-hander, who struck him out with a runner at third to end the fourth. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '
  Daca iti place acest topic recomanda pe facebook :
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Versiune Lo-Fi Acum este ora: 26th April 2024 - 07:54 PM