Bine ati venit Vizitator ( Logare | Inregistrare )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Burke, Comrie, Domi, Lafontaine, Mantha, Rychel, Ste
Dogcat250
postare Sep 27 2019, 07:46 AM
Postare #1

Silver Member

Grup: Silver Members
Postari: 1,417
Inscris la: 12-January 19
Membru nr.: 239,422

The hockey bloodlines run deep in this weekends NHL draft. Familiar names like Bertuzzi, Brodeur, Burke, Comrie, Domi, LaFontaine, Mantha, Rychel, Stevens, Subban, and Tambellini could be called Sunday at the podium at the Prudential Centre in Newark, N.J. Defenceman Darnell Nurse also has impressive family ties. But his come from the gridiron. Father Richard played wide receiver for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. His uncle, by marriage, is former NFL quarterback Donovan McNabb. Darnell chose hockey. His parents were happy to see him opt for a different sports path. "That was more my Dad," said Nurse. "My Mom too. I mean they both pretty much said for safety reasons, stay away from football. Im thankful for it now." He sees the toll football took on his father, reeling off the damage he noted when the two were spending time together recently on the familys backyard deck in Hamilton. "His hands are mangled, he cant move some of his fingers and hes got an elbow that doesnt move right. I looked at that and though those are battle wounds. Something maybe one day I get to show my kid," Nurse said. Its not as if Nurse, who stands almost six foot four and weighs 185, took up a non-contact sport in hockey. "Not at all," he said. "I think the biggest thing for them is I can probably control a little more hitting people in hockey than in football where you get hit every play. Put me on the back end and I get to control what happens." Nurse, 18, has excelled in his chosen sport. Central Scouting ranks him fourth among North American skaters and second among defencemen behind Seth Jones. In his second year with the OHLs Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, Nurse scored 12 goals and added 29 assists and 116 penalty minutes in 68 games. People have compared him to a young Chris Pronger. His high draft rating earned him a trip to the Stanley Cup final, along with Jones and top-rated forwards Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin. He already knew MacKinnon and Drouin from playing with them at the Ivan Hlinka Tournament. At the Cup, Nurse marvelled at the media horde in the Bruins locker-room following a pre-game morning skate. "Something Ive never experienced before," he said. "It was kind of exciting to watch ... I was getting hot in there and I was doing nothing." He also enjoyed meeting Chicago stars Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews. "The mess that they put defenders in, being able to meet those guys was great," he said. On the Boston side, he liked watching the David Krejci-Milan Lucic-Nathan Horton line. Nurse grew up idolizing the likes of Scott Stevens and Jarome Iginla. So it comes as no surprise that he likes being a prickly opponent. "One of the best part of my game is being someone whos hard to play against," he said. "I think the fights kind of come with just battles, and people trying to challenge me after I challenge them. Something Im not afraid to do but at the same time its not something I go out and look for." Nurse has also made a mark off the ice, winning the Bobby Smith Trophy as the OHLs Scholastic Player of the Year this season. He earned an 85 per cent average in Grade 12. "His work ethic and lifestyle allow him to have elite results academically and athletically," Greyhounds GM Kyle Dubas said at the time. As for football, Darnell is true to his Dad, following his beloved Tiger-Cats. Vapormax Hvit Dame Norge .C. -- Martin Kaymer set a U. Vapormax Flyknit Dame Norge . Wrights first stint with Milwaukee was on a 10-day contract from March 14-23. He played in two games, averaging six points and two rebounds in 16. http://www.vapormaxnorge.com/ . -- During Kansas shootaround on Wednesday before the Jayhawks faced Oklahoma, coach Bill Self told Wayne Selden Jr. Vapormax Til Salg . -- Novak Djokovic benefited from an erroneous call and claimed he didnt realize he had broken the rules. Vapormax Norge .J. - Several people have collapsed in an overcrowded New Jersey train station while waiting in long lines to get to the Super Bowl.WASHINGTON - In the latest sign of a surge for Canadian tennis, Milos Raonic and Vasek Pospisil will meet for the Citi Open title Sunday, marking the first tour final between two men from the country. "The vibe that I get is that tennis is really growing right now in Canada," said Pospisil, whos from Vancouver. "I feel like people are getting really excited about it, especially with the results of Canadian players this year." The 13th-seeded Pospisil edged sixth-seeded Richard Gasquet of France 6-7 (5), 6-3, 7-5 Saturday night at the hard-court tuneup for the U.S. Open. On a muggy evening, Pospisil fell behind 3-0 in the third set, before pulling even at 3-all. Then he was two points from losing while trailing 5-4. But Pospisil came back to hold serve there, then broke in the next game when Gasquets signature backhand broke down and produced three errors. Pospisil dropped his racket on the court behind the baseline and raised his arms after ending the match by serving it out at love, including a pair of aces at 124 mph (200 kph) and 128 mph (206 kph). He reached his first career final — and won for the second time Saturday. About 7 1/2 hours earlier, Pospisil finished off a rain-interrupted 6-7 (4), 6-3, 6-4 quarter-final victory against 10th-seeded Santiago Giraldo of Colombia. That match was suspended Friday night, two points into the third set. "Generally, I do a good job (of) fighting in matches and not letting go of any match," Pospisil said. "It was a little bit tougher today, because I was feeling pretty heavy legs in the third set (against Gasquet), and I wasnt feeling physically, like, sharp." The second-seeded Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., advvanced by beating Donald Young of the United States 6-4, 7-5.dddddddddddd The ATP said itll be the first time in the Open era, which began in 1968, that two Canadian men will face each other in a tournament final. Raonic, 23, was born in Montenegro, moved to Canada at age 3, and now lives in Monte Carlo. Pospisil, 24, was born in British Columbia and now lives in the Bahamas. At Wimbledon last month, Raonic was a semifinalist in singles — the first man from Canada to get that far at a major tournament — while Pospisil paired with Jack Sock of the U.S. to win the mens doubles title. Also at the All England Club, another Canadian, Eugenie Bouchard, got to the womens singles final. Raonic and Pospisil have known each other for years. "Very different people," said Pospisil, who smashed his racket early in the second set against Gasquet. "Maybe Im more emotional. I guess people know what Im thinking more on the court." The two Canadians played each other once before on tour: Raonic won their semifinal at Montreal in August 2013. So Pospisil already knows what Young learned Saturday about Raonics dangerous serve. "Its like Monopoly," Young said. "He has a bunch of Get out of jail free cards." Powered by serves that reached 143 mph (231 kph) and resulted in 15 aces, Raonic reached his first final of the season. He won 34 of 37 first-serve points and never faced a break point. "Against a player like that, with a serve like that, its only going to be small windows," said Young, a 25-year-old from Atlanta. "And you have to be there to take advantage and be Johnny on the spot — and I wasnt able to do that today." ' ' '
  Daca iti place acest topic recomanda pe facebook :
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Versiune Lo-Fi Acum este ora: 30th March 2024 - 07:29 AM