Bine ati venit Vizitator ( Logare | Inregistrare )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Including Defencemen Greg Pateryn And Davis Drewiske
Dogcat250
postare Aug 6 2019, 03:37 AM
Postare #1

Silver Member

Grup: Silver Members
Postari: 1,417
Inscris la: 12-January 19
Membru nr.: 239,422

BROSSARD, Que. - It is getting down to crunch time at the Montreal Canadiens camp.The Canadiens made five cuts on Thursday, including defencemen Greg Pateryn and Davis Drewiske, to reduce the training camp roster to 28 players.Forwards Sven Andrighetto, Jake Dowell and Gabriel Dumont were also sent to the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs, who are holding training camp in St. Johns, N.L.Among those who escaped the cuts were forwards Christian Thomas, Jacob de la Rose and Jiri Sekac, defencemen Nathan Beaulieu, Jarred Tinordi, Darren Dietz and Francis Bouillon and goaltender Dustin Tokarski.Montreal also agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with former Carolina forward Drayson Bowman, who was invited to join the Canadiens camp on a professional tryout.The survivors are expected to see action in pre-season games against the Ottawa Senators on Friday and Saturday nights. Teams have until Tuesday to get down to the 23-man roster limit.It is likely that Beaulieu, who played in the post-season in the spring, will make the NHL club, but it may be between Tinordi and Bouillon for the job as the seventh defenceman on the depth chart.The six-foot-six Tinordi has had an up-and-down camp, but coach Michel Therrien said he likes his physical play. If he is sent down, the team can turn to returning veteran Bouillon, who was invited to camp on a tryout.In Francis case, its not an audition, said Therrien. We know exactly what weve got.After we make our evaluation of the young players, then well make a decision. We need to see if the young defencemen are ready to play in the NHL.Bouillon, who turns 39 on Oct. 17, looked relieved to still be in camp.I know Im in competition with the young guys, but the best I can do is show up on the ice and show that I can still play in this league, he said. The rest I have no control over.The big surprise was Dietz, a rushing defenceman who was limited to 34 games in Hamilton last season due to injuries. The Medicine Hat, Alta., native has been impressive in camp.I like his speed, said Therrien. Hes got poise with the puck.He can jump up in the play. Well give him another chance to see what hes got.The goal is to make the hockey team and nothing is accomplished yet, said Dietz.At forward, the speedy, five-foot-nine Thomas has made himself noticed in every pre-season game hes played.There should be a spot open on right wing, and the son of former NHL winger Steve Thomas has made a good case, although he is up against gifted six-foot-two newcomer Sekac, who looks to have the edge so far. The 19-year-old De la Rose appears to be a long shot to crack the lineup.Everyones goal here is to have a good camp and make the Canadiens and this just means Im a step closer, said Thomas. Hopefully I made a good impression with the staff and that it stays like that.Therrien said Pateryn needs to adjust to the pace of play in the NHL, while Drewiske simply needs playing time after missing most of last season with a shoulder injury.In goal, the Canadiens are still undecided on whether to keep Peter Budaj, the incumbent back-up to Carey Price, or Tokarski, who was chosen over Budaj to play when Price was injured in the Eastern Conference final. Alex Iafallo Jersey .J. -- The Houston Astros had the No. Anze Kopitar Kings Jersey .m. on Friday. Granger was acquired from the Indiana Pacers last Thursday for Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen, but never played a minute for Philadelphia. The 76ers also received a 2015 second-round draft pick in the deal. http://www.kingsauthentic.com/authentic-an...r-kings-jersey/ . - Roger Federer squandered a big lead and lost to No. Marty Mcsorley Jersey . Louis Cardinals for the National League Wild Card, are in the drivers seat as they open the final series of the regular season, but they face a large task in the form of the Philadelphia Phillies. Adrian Kempe Jersey . -- Golden State Warriors reserve centre Ognjen Kuzmic is expected to miss at least six weeks after undergoing surgery on his fractured right hand.SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly has been rewarded for getting the Fighting Irish to the national championship game in January with a new five-year deal. Kelly said the contract signifies to him that he and the university officials are "all in it together." "So when we come to an agreement, its not necessarily that within it that I get a lunch stipend on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Its about that were all together in this contract about moving the program forward. We decided by signing this contract, were all in this together. Thats what I was looking for," he said. The university has made a number of changes in the program since he became coach, including instituting a training table to make sure players are getting proper nutrition and changing some longstanding pregame routine, such as moving the pregame Mass from Saturday to Friday. He also talked Thursday about how he will be involved in the conversation when players are facing potential disciplinary action, something former past coaches have complained about. When asked Thursday about wanting a voice in such situations, Kelly answered: "I dont know that I want a voice. I justt want to be part of the conversation.dddddddddddd I think the communication is what Im interested in more than anything else," he said. Kelly said he was "100 per cent" behind the universitys student code policies, saying he knows hes not going to change those, but said he wants to be able to tell parents that he will be an advocate for their sons. "This about how you run a program year in and year out," he said. The contract announcement came on a day when Notre Dame beat Temple 28-6, giving Kelly 200 career wins. "It ensures that Brian will continue to provide leadership that has fundamentally changed this program, restored it, given it the foundation it needs for continue success in the future," athletic director Jack Swarbrick said. "We could not be more pleased." Kelly had said four weeks ago that a new deal was "imminent." Swarbrick had announced in January after Kelly led the Irish to a 12-0 record and the national championship game against Alabama that the school was working on a contract extension. Kelly interviewed for the Philadelphia Eagles job the day after the BCS game in January. ' ' '
  Daca iti place acest topic recomanda pe facebook :
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Versiune Lo-Fi Acum este ora: 16th April 2024 - 09:22 PM