Bine ati venit Vizitator ( Logare | Inregistrare )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Montreal Will Play To, Montreal will play to
vv1122365
postare Feb 13 2019, 02:49 AM
Postare #1

Silver Member

Grup: Silver Members
Postari: 1,006
Inscris la: 24-October 18
Membru nr.: 239,325

WASHINGTON -- Bernard Hopkins made some more boxing history, and did it in rather easy fashion. Then, the 49-year-old boxer showed his age, referencing a TV character that might have gone over the heads of many young fans. "I was so in my living room watching Archie Bunker," Hopkins said, playfully comparing himself to the main character from the 1970s series "All in the Family." "I was so relaxed, so relaxed." Already the oldest boxer in history to hold a world championship, Hopkins became the oldest to win a unification bout Saturday night as he captured a split 12-round decision over Beibut Shumenov of Kazakhstan. Afterward, the Philadelphia native sounded far from finished -- or satisfied. "The pound-for-pound best fighter in the world right now is Floyd Money Mayweather," Hopkins said. "Ill tell you, behind Andre Ward, who I believe is second and should be, Im not that far from the top three. My age and the way Im doing it. "Im just telling you, Im not done yet." Hopkins was in complete control Saturday and it was reflected in the statistics. Of the 608 punches thrown by Shumenov, only 20 per cent landed. Of the 383 punches Hopkins threw, he landed 49 per cent. "I didnt do that when I was 30," Hopkins joked. "He was really surprised the way I could stand there and let him miss." When the split decision was announced the pro-Hopkins crowd of 6,823 jeered its disapproval. Two judges scored the fight 116-111 for Hopkins. The other judge gave the nod to Shumenov 114-113. "I shut him out," Hopkins said. If there was any doubt about the outcome, it was removed in the 11th round when Hopkins rocked Shumenov with a chopping overhand right for the only knockdown of the fight, igniting chants of "B-Hop! B-Hop!" from the D.C. Armory crowd. It was a reminder for Hopkins of 20 years ago, when he fought for the first time in Washington, losing a decision to Roy Jones Jr. at RFK Stadium, right across the street from the venue where Saturdays fight took place. "It motivates me every time I come to D.C. The dressing rooms, it took me back," said Hopkins, who improved to 55-6-2. After a slow start, in which he fought defensively, Hopkins controlled the action, growing confident, aggressive and playful as the fight progressed. The fourth round saw Shumenov moving forward, but Hopkins landed the two best shots, both right-handed counterpunches, to secure the edge. In the fifth, Hopkins was doing more than counterpunching. A straight overhand right landed squarely to the cheek of Shumenov. By the sixth round, it was clear that Hopkins confidence was growing as he became the aggressor, initiating the action and landing a big combination. In the seventh round, Hopkins was feeling so good that he alternated leading with his right and left hands, befuddling Shumenov, who fell to 14-2. "Im kind of angry that I lost the fight," Shumenov said. "I am a true warrior." Hopkins-Shumenov was one of three world title fights on Saturday. In the first, Peter Quillin of Brooklyn, N.Y., retained his WBO middleweight belt and improved to 31-0 with a unanimous 12-round decision over Lukas Konecky of the Czech Republic. In the IBF welterweight title match, Shawn Porter of Cleveland also remained undefeated with a fourth-round knockout of Brooklyns Paulie Malignaggi, who took time off from his job as an analyst for Showtime, which carried the nights action. Dante Pettis Jersey . Selected by the Titans in the 2007 NFL Draft, Johnson rejoined the club last season after a five-year stint with Indianapolis. Weston Richburg 49ers Jersey . Then Klay Thompson put his foot on the gas. Thompson scored 19 of his 30 points in the fourth quarter and Harrison Barnes scored 14 points in his season debut to help the Golden State Warriors to a 106-93 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Cassius-Marsh-Jersey/ . The Boston Celtics hadnt played since the All-Star break. So the Suns 100-94 victory over Boston Wednesday night was an uphill affair, with Phoenix relying on balance rather than its trademark high energy. Frank Gore 49ers Jersey . The Rays hope to stay alive for the postseason and salvage the finale of this series Sunday at Rogers Centre, where they dropped a 7-2 decision Saturday. Chris Archer lasted 2 1/3 innings in the no-decision, charged with a run and five hits, and Alex Torres suffered the loss in relief. Cassius Marsh 49ers Jersey . Ashton scored a hat trick -- giving him 13 goals in 16 AHL games this season -- to power the Toronto Marlies to a 5-2 victory over the visiting Lake Erie Monsters in AHL action on Sunday.TSN football analyst Chris Schultz is back with his Week 14 selections in the CFL. The Big Man finished 2-2 in Week 13, and sits at 33-20 on the season. Now Schultz is ready for more action. Montreal at Ottawa A couple of questions here. First, can the RedBlacks build off the performance of last Sunday and the 35-32 loss? I say yes. Scoring 32 points on a Riders defence is a significant accomplishment and the game really came down to a couple of poor decisions by Henry Burris late in the game and overtime. With the good play of Tino Sunseri in the second half, you can put to rest all the Burris to the Riders trade rumors. And to a similar degree, you can stop the "is Jonathan Crompton the man" conversations. He is for this week. At 1-10, Ottawa might look at this season as a complete disaster if they were not an expansion team. But it is not. Ottawa will go into this one hungry, especially in an effort to give their fans just the second win at home. Just keep improving, Ottawa and the wins will begin. Montreal will play to keep with all in the West and logic says they win. But I will dismiss logic as irrelevant and say... Ottawa over Montreal at TD Place. Saskatchewan at Edmonton This is a good one, a tough one to pick and maybe the best one of Week 13. As much as Tino Sunseri responded in the second half against 0ttawa, it took him a half to do it. On the road against a better defence in Edmonton, it will be tougher to create that type of success. Adarius Bowman had a nightmare of a game against Hamilton. He has to answer questions about it all week and watch it over and over and over in video review on Moonday.dddddddddddd He still leads the CFL in receiving yards so all football logic says he will respond with a great game again. He is too physically gifted and too motivated not to. The Eskimos have lost three of four and what was a possible division-winning team is now looking like a division playoff team. Bowman will respond and so will Edmonton. Edmonton ties the Riders in the West at 9-4. Hamilton at Winnipeg Both teams will come into this one confident for different reasons. For Winnipeg, the confidence will be coming off the bye week with time to rejuvenate and reassess where they have been and where they are going. If Drew Willy is starting, that would be amazing considering the intensity of his shoulder injury but most likely, it will be Brian Brohm. For Hamilton, they are on a roll, winning three in a row at Tim Hortons Field and the 38-31 loss in Montreal back on September 7 was a game they could have won. If Willy was starting with a week of practice, I would take the Bombers in a classic fourth quarter comeback game. But I dont think he is, therefore I cant. Hamilton BC at Calgary Tough one. BC is coming off a 40-23 loss and Calgary is coming off a 31-15 loss. The Stampeders have only one loss by one point to one team at home and that team is BC. Drew Tate had only 15 completions last week, but his second start should be better than his first. At 7-5, the Lions are only one game ahead of Winnipeg at 6-6. Both teams need the win but only one team can get it. An 11th win for Calgary or an eighth win for BC. Which will it be... which will it be? Think, think, think... I got it. Calgary by 3 Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
  Daca iti place acest topic recomanda pe facebook :
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Versiune Lo-Fi Acum este ora: 16th April 2024 - 11:26 AM