Bine ati venit Vizitator ( Logare | Inregistrare )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Net To Try To Clear The Puck But Lost Control Of It, the net to try to clear the puck but lost control of it
ruogu1234
postare Dec 7 2019, 08:16 AM
Postare #1

Top Member

Grup: Top Members
Postari: 585
Inscris la: 6-December 19
Membru nr.: 239,927

BOSTON -- Anthony Rizzo scored the tiebreaking run in the ninth, then endured some uncertain moments in the bottom of the inning before he could celebrate. He and his Cubs teammates lingered on the field until a replay review confirmed the on-field decision: Rizzo had caught Luis Valbuenas throw from third base to first on a grounder in time to get Dustin Pedroia for the final out. "It was nerve-wracking," Rizzo said after Chicagos 2-1 win over the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday night, "especially with Big Papi coming up." Had the call been overturned, David Ortiz would have batted with runners at first and second and two outs. "I didnt even see the replay," said Pedroia, who gestured in frustration after crossing the bag. "I feel like I was right there. It was bang-bang. I dont know." Rizzo started the ninth with a single, went to third on a double by Starlin Castro and scored on Valbuenas sacrifice fly off Koji Uehara (3-2). Mookie Betts made the catch in medium right field, but his throw was off line and Rizzo scored easily. "Oh, gosh, what a great at-bat," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "He fell behind (and) was just still able to put enough of the barrel on the baseball to get it deep enough to score the run." The double was the 37th extra-base hit for Castro, who entered the game tied with Troy Tulowitzki of the Colorado Rockies for the major league lead among shortstops with 36. Pedro Strop (1-3) pitched a perfect eighth and Hector Rondon worked the ninth for his 11th save in 13 chances. Boston continued to struggle offensively one night after getting no hits against Jake Arrieta for 7 2-3 innings until Stephen Drew singled. The Red Sox ended that game with season lows of two hits and three base runners in a 2-0 loss. In their last five games, theyve scored more than two runs just once. "It gets a little frustrating at times, particularly with the number of opportunities we continue to create," manager John Farrell said. "And thats the thing that we have to continue to focus on internally, is that the opportunities are there and yet at times were not cashing in." But their dominant home pitching persisted. For the 14th straight game at Fenway Park, the Red Sox allowed no more than three runs, extending their franchise record. The last longer streak in the American League was 15 games by the Chicago White Sox, the last game in 1966 and the first 14 in 1967. The Red Sox took a 1-0 lead in the fifth against Edwin Jackson. Jackie Bradley Jr. doubled and scored from third on a single by Pedroia. The Cubs tied it in the sixth after going hitless against Clay Buchholz since Chris Coghlan led off the game with a single. "Both Jax and Buchholz were grinding it out against each other," Renteria said. Justin Ruggiano started the sixth with a double, moved to third on a single by Darwin Barney and scored when Coghlan grounded into a force play at second base. Ryan Sweeneys single put runners at first and third, but the threat ended when Rizzo lined out to first baseman Mike Napoli, who stepped on first to double up Sweeney. Chicago threatened again in the seventh when a single by Castro, a passed ball and a hit batter put runners at first and third with one out. Andrew Miller replaced Buchholz and struck out pinch-hitter Junior Lake and Ruggiano to end the inning. NOTES: Boston used an all-rookie outfield of LF Brock Holt, CF Bradley and RF Betts. Holt played only the infield in limited time in the majors the past two seasons. Betts was mostly a minor league second baseman but has played only the outfield in his three games since being called up from Triple-A Pawtucket. ... Jackson pitched six innings, just the second time hes lasted that long in his last eight starts. ... The Red Sox sent LHP Rich Hill from Triple-A Pawtucket to the Los Angeles Angels for cash and released LHP Chris Capuano, who was designated for assignment last Wednesday. ... Boston 3B Xander Bogaerts is hitless in his last 19 at-bats after going 0 for 4. ... Travis Wood (7-6) faces Bostons Brandon Workman (1-1) on Wednesday night in the finale of the three-game interleague series. Cole Hamels Jersey . Dwyane Wade followed a few days later. Jim Thome Jersey . The 155th edition of the Plate for Canadian-foaled three-year-olds, the oldest continuously run stakes race in North America, will be televised live on TSN in HD (High Definition) in a special presentation from 4:30 – 6:00 pm ET. Post time is 5:38 pm. https://www.cheapphilliesjerseys.us/2057n-n...y-phillies.html . CSKA received the heavier punishment of playing its next European home game behind closed doors, after its supporters displayed racist and far-right symbols in the Czech Republic during a 2-1 loss to Viktoria Plzen on Dec. Philadelphia Phillies Store .5 million. The 25-year-old Varlamov is thriving under first-year coach and Hall of Fame goaltender Patrick Roy, posting a 26-9-5 record with a 2. Wholesale Phillies Jerseys . For the Bombers it has been a combination of things coming together at the most inappropriate moments in time. Quarterback, injuries, Canadian talent or depth and leadership are all issues. Trust me when I say being a Bomber is no fun right now in a city that embraces football the way Winnipeg does. While Buck Pierce will be getting another shot, I think Max Hall does deserve another opportunity.GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Phoenix got so many power-play chances, one was bound to be successful. And one was all it took. Shane Doan scored his 350th career goal on one of Phoenixs six third-period power plays and the Coyotes went on to beat the Calgary Flames 3-2 Saturday night. Chris Summers got his first NHL goal and Rob Klinkhammer also scored to put Phoenix up 2-0 after one period. Calgary got power-play goals from Curtis Glencross and Mikael Backlund to tie it at 2 after two. On the third power play of the final period, Rahim Vrbata rocketed a shot toward the net and Doan deflected it past Joni Ortio for the deciding goal with 11:11 to play. "I dont ever remember it happening for us, always against us," Doan said of the avalanche of penalties against Calgary. "On a power play, you have to stay patient." Doan had hit the post with a shot on a power play earlier in the game. "I was so frustrated," he said. "I thought I had it. And I had some other opportunities. In the first period, I turned the puck over a couple of times that gave them opportunities and a little bit of life. You never want to do that. So to get a way to contribute was nice." The win gave the Coyotes 75 points and pulled them into a tie with Dallas, the Western Conferences No. 8 team. The Stars have played two fewer games and hold the tiebreaker. "I cant remember the last time I saw six penalties like that," Calgarys Mike Cammalleri said. "We need to learn a little lesson there and they had more discipline. Its a tough one to take." The Coyotes Mike Smith, strong all night, had 29 saves, while Ortio stopped 23 shots. Phoenix had five power plays through 10 minutes of the first 13:13 of the third period. Sutton scored on a slick deflection of Lauri Korpikoskis pass just 4:35 into the game. His first NHL goal came in his 34th career game. Sutton also was on the ice at crunch time in the waning minutes of the game. "Ive been with the organnization a long time," he said.dddddddddddd "I was drafted in 2006. Its great to be put in those situations." Phoenix made it 2-0 with 9:43 left in the opening period thanks to a miscue by Ortio. Ortio, recalled from Abbotsford of the American Hockey League on Feb. 3, and playing in his seventh NHL game, ventured behind the net to try to clear the puck but lost control of it. It went right to Klinkhammer, who tapped it into the empty net for his 10th goal. Calgary cut the lead to 2-1 on a power-play goal by Glencross 7:46 into in the second period. With Derek Morris in the penalty box for holding, Glencross positioned himself directly in front of the net, and glanced Cammalleris sizzling shot past Smith. Another power-play goal tied it for Calgary moments later. Backlund scored from a crowd in front of the net and it was 2-2 with 4:23 left in the second period. The Flames nearly got another goal in the final seconds of the second when Cammalleri got the puck point-blank in front of the net, but Smith was able to knock the shot away with his right pad. It was one of several shots from up close that Smith blocked. Phoenix was playing its first game back after a four-games-in six-days trip to the East. "We got up 2-0," Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said. "They pushed hard in the second and got themselves back in the game, but the third period, we played hard and drew some penalties. Fortunately, our power play which has been our strength all year, gave us the winning goal." On Friday night, Calgary trailed at Dallas 3-1 with eight minutes to play in regulation before rallying to force overtime, then win in the shootout 4-3. Notes: Ortio opened the season with the Alaska Aces of the Eastern Hockey League. ... Calgary plays 16 games in 31 days in March. ... Phoenixs Brandon McMillan played in his 100th career NHL game. ... The Coyotes were without C Martin Hanzal with a lower-body injury. ... Backlund got a crosschecking penalty on a third-period faceoff. ' ' '
  Daca iti place acest topic recomanda pe facebook :
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Versiune Lo-Fi Acum este ora: 17th April 2024 - 12:48 AM